Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 03:53 AM
Kobold

Default Non Kunark zones to animal charm 30-40?

Title pretty well sums it up, what zones do druids have to animal charm in reliably(as in plenty of animals to use to have a good supply to xp off of) to lvl in that are not Kunark zones?

Tired of the pain in the but travel times around kunark and really looking for classic zones to do it it. Also trying to add details to the lvling guides so that there are alternate paths for people to take.

Also please suggest something other than mammoths please, mammoths are annoying to say the least, either camped by other druids or just freaking so far apart I spend more time running from one to another than I do killing
Old 01-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Not much unless you go to Kunark: Emerald Jungle or Overthere.

You can try the Ancient Crocodile camp in Upper Guk when you get to mid-30s. Also Griffons in North Karana, but they will be few and far between.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Ch...e_by_Angelhawk

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_al...de_by_Gaviilan
Old 01-06-2015, 12:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not much unless you go to Kunark: Emerald Jungle or Overthere.

You can try the Ancient Crocodile camp in Upper Guk when you get to mid-30s. Also Griffons in North Karana, but they will be few and far between.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Ch...e_by_Angelhawk

http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_al...de_by_Gaviilan
Yeah I looked through those and that is why I was trying to find a non kunark zone to work in with a bit more to offer than what is right here in those two guides, thought I would check with the rest of the druid community to see if there were any other options.

Oh well, guess it is time for me to go make something happen in kunark
Old 01-06-2015, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

The only thing I can think of are Griffons and the AC camp as Ele already pointed out.

Maybe you can still get some good xp on Guk at that level, I would try the AC camp for fun, cash and levelling.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

Are snakes in paw charmable? I've never been back that far so I have no idea if it's suitable for soloing or not, but it might be worth investigating.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Crocs in CT

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Kedge Keep.

Put some hair on your druid chest and grow a set of balls. If you master kedge at 30, you will be unstoppable.

Snare lancer swordfish 1, zone out. INVIS v animal, zone back in. Snare a different lancer and zone out. Invis vs animals and zone back in. Charm 1, have it fight the other. Break and nuke to kill. Always keep your target rooted. When charm breaks get your back in a corner. You can try to charm but you are likely better off rooting and then charming.

Once the room is broken you won't need to snare/zone to pull you just need to keep up with the spawns.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are snakes in paw charmable? I've never been back that far so I have no idea if it's suitable for soloing or not, but it might be worth investigating.
Yes you can charm snakes in paw and in runnyeye
Old 01-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge Keep.

Put some hair on your druid chest and grow a set of balls. If you master kedge at 30, you will be unstoppable.

Snare lancer swordfish 1, zone out. INVIS v animal, zone back in. Snare a different lancer and zone out. Invis vs animals and zone back in. Charm 1, have it fight the other. Break and nuke to kill. Always keep your target rooted. When charm breaks get your back in a corner. You can try to charm but you are likely better off rooting and then charming.

Once the room is broken you won't need to snare/zone to pull you just need to keep up with the spawns.
This.

Working on getting a staff of the waterwalker or a backpack full of fish scales to learn this
Old 01-08-2015, 02:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Working on getting a staff of the waterwalker or a backpack full of fish scales to learn this
Random curiosity, why the staff? A fishbone earring is about the same in terms of cost (maybe a LITTLE more), and you can still use paw/vanear (or better if you have it) for primary/secondary. I suppose the 100 hp is nice though.