Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Default Respecialization working properly?

I am unfamiliar with the exact benefit of spell specialization so perhaps this is working as intended:

On my druid I leveled up specialized in Evocation. I saw that being specialized in this gave me a marginal increase in spell damage.

On my cleric I am specialized in Alteration. I see a marginal increase in healing done per spell.

On my druid I respecialized to Alteration. I am at around 140's maxing it but my healing spells do not do more healing and it seems that the spell damage increase from Evocation spells is still in effect. Is this working as intended or a bug?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Specialization does not increase the damage done or the amount of your healing spells. It provides a chance to reduce the mana used upon successfully casting the spell of the appropriate school and reduces the chance of fizzling in that school of magic.

As you increase in actual levels your nukes, heals, and buffs deal more damage and heal more hp to a maximum point until you get the next upgrade in the spell line which scales up as you level.

So your spell damage is working appropriately, and you should find that your alteration spells save you mana occasionally.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...Specialization
Old 06-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Not mentioned by the Wiki, specialization also reduces the casting time for spells in the specialized school. That would probably be the easiest way to check whether or not your respec was successful.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermicelli [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not mentioned by the Wiki, specialization also reduces the casting time for spells in the specialized school. That would probably be the easiest way to check whether or not your respec was successful.
Not doubting you as I don't have evidence one way or another, but do you have any logs showing that casting time is reduced or links that have documented such? This is the first time I've ever heard spec reduces cast time on the spec'ed school of spells.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Aw dang. I looked up the effects of spell specialization and found numerous places where people typed emphatically that it does NOT increase the spell casting speed. Good to have that misinformation cleared up after 12 years =)
Old 06-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Banned

Do we even know that Specialization is working properly here? I have heard it does not decrease mana cost associated with the pertinent spell school, and haven't tested it myself.