Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdklaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you cant argue that the grind is rough when talking about classic everquest bro

everyone knew what they were getting into
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project Red 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, starting with the original 3 continents and a max level of 50, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project Red 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

I am not sure how hard it would be to code, but a rested experience bonus for the old folks with limited playtime would be quite nice.

(and let people melees bind wound up to 100%)
Old 04-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You (and half the people in this thread) do not even play on the server and Jesus himself in charge of the server could not make you happy.

red p99 (and blue99) = classic EQ for the fans of classic EQ.

Dont like classic? go pay wow or ezserver.

Do not betray the true fans of this server, of which there are many. Why is pop so low at the moment? Because people got tired of doing lower guk ghoul lord and clearing Plane of Fear for the 100th time.

Its about content, not mechanics. Bring on the new content and the fans of Classic EQ will be back.

All these lazy trolls who can't get to lvl 15 on their own will all be quitting again anyways, as soon as they stumble blindly upon their next classic mechanic that gets in the way of ez pewpewpew FPS with elves.
You do realize that the "classic" argument is extremely invalid on this server from day 1 as there's tons of costumizations.

Example, pumice isn't instant cast.

Meditate doesn't force you to sit in the book.

Recharging isn't working anymore.

I mean the list goes on, to isolate yourself in the "classic" argument only ends up in no one playing, with some good changes, people will eventually crawl back.

The changes suggested will not make the game "ezmode" it will merely make it a little less hostile for new players.

Everquest is ONLY hard, when you're in an underdog guild, remember that.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Smedy, you're wasting your breath with the trolls. I made a two page post about everything that's not classic, many of them imbalanced things which I HAVE posted in the bug forum as well. I don't see nihilum complaining about their class specific fear armor which shouldn't be in and their mistwalkers which are past due on progression for a nerf, or their cleric masks that shouldn't be in game, or the mage swords they exploited to 50, or fire giant charm which works 1000x better than it ever worked on live. Whatever, CLASSIC TILL 30 PEOPLE LEFT ON SERVER NOTHING WRONG HERE FOLKS SERVER WORKING FINE.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowyellow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if I'm willing to grind through this bs everyone else should be able to.
You leveled when there was still a population of 200+ point not valid.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see nihilum complaining about their class specific fear armor which shouldn't be in and their mistwalkers which are past due on progression for a nerf, or their cleric masks that shouldn't be in game, CLASSIC HERE FOLKS SERVER WORKING FINE.
lol
Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest is ONLY hard, when you're in an underdog guild, remember that.

And you ran the biggest zerg of the servers first two months, Imaginary Friends, and still could not level past 40 right?

In that time, I was in a far smaller guild and played a weaker race/class combo then you and I did just fine.

Maybe classic EQ is just not for you. Please help vile develop the next VZ/TZ. Have fun there.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you ran the biggest zerg of the servers first two months, Imaginary Friends, and still could not level past 40 right?

In that time, I was in a far smaller guild and played a weaker race/class combo then you and I did just fine.

Maybe classic EQ is just not for you. Please help vile develop the next VZ/TZ. Have fun there.
How fucking dare you
Old 04-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but on VZ you also respawned oom when you died to pvp. How exactly would it help you to bind rush naked without any mana, even if you're bound in the same zone?
Of course if you've died in PvP, you're bound in the raid zone, and lets just say you spawn OOM with a STR/STA debuff, then it's going to be really difficult to bind rush - but that's just an excuse.

See, your excuse is that you don't see how you could bind rush with no mana so you should be able to bind in the zone. When the real issue you're trying to avoid is that you don't have a reason for being there after you died. Give me ONE legitimate reason for being bound and staying in a zone you died in because to me...

You're still causing problems and not conceding the zone to the active battle or victors! Now, its about wasting peoples time, and that my friend is where you'll get the bad rep.

The whole point is: What's your purpose of being in the zone? None! You died! You shouldn't be in the zone. You have no legitimate reason. Wait until the victors have established zone control and allow you to LnS or wait for a rez and keep raiding if your team wins.

Otherwise, guess what happens - you'll eventually bind rush, train, and buff or support your allies in battle after you've already been defeated.

That's the reason why you shouldn't be allowed to bind in raid zones.

I'd like to stress again, because it doesn't seem the norm here, that the LnS rule was player community enforced with GM support for a reason. It actually worked to promote competitive PvP on VZ!
Last edited by STRAY; 04-20-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Old 04-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Rydar, what you posted probably does apply to the total malcontents who actually are too lazy and will only play on 100x exp servers. I still think you're being ignorant and are very much vocal minority on this particular issue though.

Let's talk about "classic". How many people were usually in the most common zones during classic? How easy was it to get groups? Was it feasible to actually *stop leveling to PvP* and pick one zone with 80+ players in it to set up shop in? (answer: it was)

Now.... how much of the above exists here?

None of it. You can keep throwing around the word "classic", but what you're actually defending is a really poor not-classic experience. I summed this up here:

Quote:
EXP rate: my concern isn't the rate (which is tolerable) so much as it is the existence of mid/low level player interaction. If the 1-42 Red99 playthrough has little to no player interaction or real pvp because of too many zones for too few players spread across too many levels, then that's gonna suck. That's the biggest reason I stopped logging in.
If you are going to keep defending empty solo grinds that are in no way classic, then you are hurting this server's chances to succeed. My solution is to push it all into a tighter level range near the top, which keeps The Grind intact while enabling players to actually interact.

The casual RED player starting up on this server is who you need to be considering. Not your hardcore raid gamer who has ten alts and just wants MOAR CONTENT to meatgrind through.
Closed Thread