Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleekitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ this thread

I do like this statement. Similarly to monks, I see dozens of clueless twink bards---yet very few skilled, mid to high level players.

WTB more bards out grouping and learning their class, and less fail bards aoe'ing to 40+. Don't get me wrong, aoe'ing a few levels here and there is fine, but make sure you get a decent handle on the class first and max those skills!
^^^
Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So let me get this straight.

AE kiting isn't terribly hard, and yet it is dangerous and stressful, demands 100% attention for its entire duration, takes quite a while to do, involves absolutely zero margin for error, and in fact can be unsuccessful just because you need to sneeze or cough while you are trying to kite? And any failure results in the loss of all the time you put into the kite so far plus the time it takes to CR and/or get a rez?

But it isn't terribly hard?

Come on, dude. Even if you're the average american with a 4th-grade reading level. Come on. For real.

There seems to be some issue that the majority of MMO players have with words like "hard" and "skill." You guys refuse to use the words for their real meanings just because you've got some complex about admitting that anything in a video game is difficult or troublesome to accomplish, or that anything in a video game requires a significant level of training and aptitude in order to achieve.

LOL, your literally this upset that he used "terribly hard"? your so pathetic its hilarious, keep on crying
Old 04-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischsemmel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using a logical fallacy instead of simply starting to use a simple word like "hard" properly is only going to reinforce my belief that I am superior to just about everyone else.
I see you're taking lessons from our resident freshman philosopher Alarti0001.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see you're taking lessons from our resident freshman philosopher Alarti0001.
I took Intro to Logic and Latin I in college. If that doesn't prepare me for sounding intelligent on internet forums, I don't know what will! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I took Intro to Logic and Latin I in college. If that doesn't prepare me for sounding intelligent on internet forums, I don't know what will! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another sig quote, yay
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deverell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure you do feel that way, seeing as you apparently make a habit out of targeting random posts for a single word and going on a long-winded, insult-filled rant over it just to bolster your own grandiose sense of self-worth.

AoE-kiting is not complicated. You'll die now and then to random shit outside your power, but it's a very simple and straight-forward task. It certainly isn't hard; it's so simple that you'll frequently find new level 40+ bards who kited their way there in a week or two but have no idea how to play the class.

Do you want people to think it's hard so that you can proclaim yourself skilled for doing it, or is there actually no ulterior motive to your random, uninvited hostility?
@ fish wtfpwned
Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another sig quote, yay
A lack of response to the other previous posters points to a bit of shame in regard to his own post.

I took Psych 101 in college, it's all good, folks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lack of response to the other previous posters points to a bit of shame in regard to his own post.

I took Psych 101 in college, it's all good, folks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I nailed my Psych 101 professor in college, it's definitely all good.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, this thread kinda got out of hand. If you want Bard advice, just ask the master (me). I'm a self-made Bard, never played one on live, so my talent is all natural (just like my good looks).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Closed Thread