Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I love tinkering with software and technology. I enjoy testing anything that is new and rediscovering things that are old. I like finding the limits of what is possible with software and hardware, and finding ways to make things work in unison. The term "exploiting" comes to mind.

Growing up my major hobby was digital art: photoshopping, 3D modeling, 3D animating, etc. That has turned into a career though so it's sort of fallen by the wayside as a hobby.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love tinkering with software and technology. I enjoy testing anything that is new and rediscovering things that are old. I like finding the limits of what is possible with software and hardware, and finding ways to make things work in unison. The term "exploiting" comes to mind.

Growing up my major hobby was digital art: photoshopping, 3D modeling, 3D animating, etc. That has turned into a career though so it's sort of fallen by the wayside as a hobby.
thumbs up. i was also lucky enough to turn my hobby (daytrading) into a career.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not a huge fan, they are OK I suppose in very limited quantities . if 1 out of every 10 zombie movies has runners I can handle that, variety is the spice of life after all.

the current state of things is pretty sad with the vast majority of movies coming out having runners - most of which don't even count as true zombies, and don't even get me started on 28 days / weeks later and its "non zombies".

but yea, I vastly prefer Shamblers to runners

also - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z85jKnmGsOg makes me incredibly excited , it looks so bad ass , it has 2 of my favorite things , shamblers, and practical FX.
Jesus is a shambling zombie, the Rolling Stones are the running type.

Most running zombies seem to occur due to some type of infection, drug, chemical or scientific discovery gone wrong (28 days / weeks later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil, etc.)

On the other hand, true zombie movies like Night of the Living Dead, White Zombie, etc. follow more traditional zombification methods (mysticism, voodoo, or just plain no explanation at all) and feature the shambling type...

There's a studio that's been trying to get a Nazi zombie movie produced for about a decade now that looks like it would be a really good watch, if they could get the funding... there are a couple of teaser videos available on the site. (the teasers are B movie status.. but damn.. heh)

Alternative links if you don't have QT - Trailer 1 | Trailer 2

Hobby-wise I do alot of reading.. Robert Jordan, Steven King, Terry Goodkind, Clive Barker... Play a lot of retro RPGs, Read a ton of Manga and watch a couple Anime series, design maps for W:ET, and Q2, design Gabber tracks, draw, write fantasy / sci-fi. Party, get stupid n' mandle hangovers.
Last edited by Vanech; 09-04-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Sarnak

most runners are not really zombies, take 28 days / weeks later, they are LIVING humans infected with a rage virus, NOT zombies.

as for zombie nazi movies, I cant see it getting much better then Dead Snow.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread