Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Orc

Using the luclin UI.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Sarnak

Bazaar search doesn't work as far as I can tell. You can see if an item is in bazaar by searching, but it won't tell you what merchant or the proper price. Good thing there are only like 25 traders.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Kobold

Cant figure out how to change ui... i unzip the mac uis from eqmac site and unzip it to the ui folder but when i load ui threw either /loadskin... or options it says xml shit.. btw i got passed the whope crashijg shit i had it saved to c: eqmac/eqmac like a noob
Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need to crack it, the freeware version is just fine for limiting FPS. Just click the advanced tab, check limit video fps box, and put a value in. 60 works fine for me. Once you set it up just minimize it, doesn't seem to use much in the way of resources at all.

I run avast antivirus and all I do is right-click the avast icon and disable all shields until reboot. When I'm done playing EQ I just reboot my computer and then everything is back to normal.
i was losing my sock.exe until I made my antivirus stop scanning that folder.
I use avast as well and instead of the disable until next boot up, i went to the protector shields and clicked into settings i think it was and added c/eqmac as an ignore file. haven't had any issue.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Aviak

I got this working. Looks great and I really like it. Seems to be people everywere.

Downside no zoom out to have the camera behind your toon. Upside no problems with end game.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFresh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got this working. Looks great and I really like it. Seems to be people everywere.

Downside no zoom out to have the camera behind your toon. Upside no problems with end game.
Zoom works, its clunky, you have to use insert/delete. Once you set it then its fine. You can change the angle by holding in the mouse button once you get the distance set.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was losing my sock.exe until I made my antivirus stop scanning that folder.
I use avast as well and instead of the disable until next boot up, i went to the protector shields and clicked into settings i think it was and added c/eqmac as an ignore file. haven't had any issue.
Thats cool. I am used to just turning off my virus protection when playing video games though. Old habit. Virus programs have always interfered with games pretty much as long as there have been virus scanners. Games run smoother without the scans running in the background hogging resources.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant figure out how to change ui... i unzip the mac uis from eqmac site and unzip it to the ui folder but when i load ui threw either /loadskin... or options it says xml shit.. btw i got passed the whope crashijg shit i had it saved to c: eqmac/eqmac like a noob
Read my guide a few pages back. Just go into your eqclient.ini file and make NEWUI=True.

Done
Old 07-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Kobold

I've been spending a lot of time here recently. It's nothing against P99 or their endeavors... It's simply that I have a shitty laptop (128mb ram etc. etc.) and I experience much less lag and shorter load times on PCMac than I do here. Once I finally get around to upgrading I look forward to continuing my progress here, but until then I'll content myself with what I can actually play ).
Old 07-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

holy shit dude.. you pick up a 1990's laptop at a swap meet ;p

you could find something way better for under 50 bucks on like ebay or something heh probably with free shipping too.