Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

I think a Bolt would need to be coded with a logic similar to mob chasing after you? There is some sort of Algorithm used here, does it still exist?
Old 05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

I've been using scars of sigil / burnt wood staff decently on my new mage.

1. by FAR the biggest problem with bolts is that if you cast any spell (even something like jboots) while the bolt is in the air the bolt will vanish. extremely annoying and as your posts show not classic at all. Low level mages (and wizards!) should be able to have 2-3 bolts in the air and borderline blow something up before it gets to them.

2. Bolts travel REALLY slowly. I would say probably normal runspeed. This causes some weird shit to happen: when I am finishing undead mobs in KC they will actually get another melee round in during the time it takes for the bolt to travel the 0.1 or whatever distance between us. In fact because of the large hitboxes on 1999 a mob running at you can actually hit you before the bolt reaches them even if you get the cast off first.

3. Bolts don't seem to be blocked by players. I seem to remember this would happen on live.

Overall I would say this is a super low priority issue especially since our main coder Kanras seems to come in every 4 months, fix a few things, and leave. I would suggest just changing the magician bolts to work like the wizard bolts with instant hits.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Fire Giant

Bump, some good evidence here ITT
Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 05-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Aviak

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but here's a post from Aeolwind about mage bolts. it was made last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bolts not working correctly is an issue within the source. It has been looked at several times and, yeah, that one ain't easy. IIRC, they treated it like spawning an NPC, and since the spell graphics aren't completely classic they aren't tying together correctly or bacon or something
Which means the staff has looked at it and can't quite figure out how to mesh the graphic for the bolt with the actual and true mechanics of the spell, or so I gather from this message. Perhaps we can assist by doing some research on our own end? I don't know.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

Not a mage but huge bump. It breaks my classic immersion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also I got a crisp $50 for whoever fixes it!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

bumping an old but relevant thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update: the bug is actually worse than what I initially thought: any new spell cast will "cancel" the bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a screenshot somewhere of me running a bolt in circles, as a 53 bard with Selo drums. So the correct speed should be slightly below whatever that comes out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It currently looks like a flying glowing black stone, pulsating red. We know this isn't right. It's the closest we could get until the flare graphic is corrected. So this is known.

How about the speed of the bolt? Here are some classic pics.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How fast are the bolts? Should take a bard to outrun. IIRC, just having a sow, the bolt will catch you eventually.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Last edited by diplo; 07-31-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Banned

Default mage bolts (from other bug thread)

Posting this OP and link to the thread for Alecta (not sure if this falls into your jurisdiction or if you read the other bug threads). Relevent for PvP especially with talks and changes to line of sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. All bolt spells are too slow. They can't keep up with a mob walking away. They need to be sped up 3x or 4x faster. I remember it being slightly faster than a sow'd player.

2. If you cast ANY spell while a bolt is in air, it will never hit it's target and still uses your mana. On live you used to be able to cast a couple bolts in succession, while pulling, and you'd land the second shortly after the first one. Here you just can't cast anything until the first one lands... and since theyre so slow, you sit there waiting for a long time.

3. If another mob paths in the way of a bolt, it should take the hit. Here that doesn't happen. On the other side of the coin, the bolt can "miss" if say a player (not in duel, as they should take dmg if they're pvp flagged) or pet walked infront of it.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45895