Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default why do new mmos split the usa and euro servers?

as a night owl, and a gamer, i am usually playing from 11pm-5am when i dont have to wake up for anything.

that schedule was the reason i met and played with so many euro folks in my day.

but now, with stupid split servers, i have no euros to entertain me in the middle of the night.

this makes me sad.

that is all.

PS- +1 for being in the right section
Old 06-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Aviak

I agree with this. I always had fun playing with the asian crowd late nights when most of the americans went to sleep...
Old 06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, its frustrating for me as well. I split my time between Japan, USA, and now France so my play schedule is beyond terrible. The only MMO I've played that didn't suffer from my time changes from the USA to Japan was my server on WoW. It had a strong core of NZ/South East Asian that were only an hour or two off from my own time when I was in Japan and then I had RL friends when I was back in the states.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Aviak

MMOs have changed. Nowadays it is not really important in many MMOs to actually see people at night. The LFG dungeon/raid tool has basically destroyed all social aspects of games except for maybe communication with friends and guild members...
Old 06-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

sirken i agree with you, its so much fun mowin down orcs with my right hand and swedes with my left hand

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Alright. The Danes can stay. But no more Japanese o_O
Old 06-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

I think the split on the population could be three things. First would be latency with servers hosted elsewhere. Second, time of day players are playing. Third, server max capacity. edit: probably language barrier too
Last edited by fishingme; 06-10-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 02:51 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the split on the population could be three things. First would be latency with servers hosted elsewhere. Second, time of day players are playing. Third, server max capacity. edit: probably language barrier too
thats all very good and well. but most new mmo's populations go to shit after ~60 days anyway, and i have a hard time believing that the machines of today can't handle what EQ was doing from 99-04. and language could be an issue for sure, but theres soooo many euros that speak english.

i dont know if its right or wrong. i just know it personally drives me crazy and i dont like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

I think companies split servers by location based on time zones and language. Try to keep people together that will be on at the same time and speak the same language. Which makes sense but yeah it does kinda suck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread