Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

lol

called this like 2 years ago

yeahlight was full of shit
Old 10-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Really wish I had jumship over here when I had time to play. YL always struck me as very egotistical and controlling. Could never understand the hero worship he got. Although I will give him that he was a very meticulous perfectionist when it came to coding. Good engineer, bad for leading imo.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

He jelly p99 kickin his ass.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Kobold

I thought he was doing classic content now? Also why work on the server for 6 years if in the end you wanted to go the legal route. He could've saved himself a lot of work.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Yeahlight treated his project as the one and only and no one is allowed to touch it.

He took on the mantle of lead developer (after the split from PEQ?) and tried to do everything himself, because when he opened development positions up people sucked.

I tried on multiple occasions to help out development there and was told to 'wait til we have trials' or 'honestly there's no way you could ramp up in time to contribute by the time we're done'.

Egotistical. No one was as good as him when it came down to it, and the thing about those types of people is that their ego is huge but it is egg-shell thin.

He got the feedback he needed to see and instead of being constructive he hung up the towel. No man (or woman) is an island. His forums were fanboy theatre that worshipped him.

I'm personally glad it's gone. Good riddance.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Banned

Yeahlight = Platlord
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahlight
The feedback I have received in private (PM, e-mail, etc.) has been downright appalling--truly shameful remarks.
Jesus. Grow a thicker skin. If you put yourself out there and quit after some bad feedback you weren't going to make it. 5 years of work, what an incredible waste of time.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like the long troll -- executed to perfection.

Respect.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Guess I can post this now that he's completely gone. Yeahlight was a chronic liar up until the end.

He admitted a year ago that I wasn't the one who leaked their work. That was true, in the scenario in which I am regularly referenced by Harakiri and Yeahlight, I did not.

However, they used that as a public defamation technique as commonly demonstrated by Harakiri when he used his home IP to connect to these forums and say that I was the one who leaked their work.

That shit pushed me over the line several times. I was floored, I thought they could've been civil. These guys are people who you cannot trust, even if they entice you with "omg classic eq!"

Personally, I think the reason they shut down is due to that network bug they could never figure out coupled with the C&D, rejection from SOE (I've been to SOE's office, I can say without a doubt that the SOE EQ1/EQ2 team has no idea what P99 and EQC was/were up until my visit which was 3 months after Yeahlight's proposal...) and issues with DirectX7 support - It was being a general pain for debugging in realtime scenarios as well as working on 'client' PCs.

Coupled with the drama that the EQ community imposed on their egos.. whether it be Dark-Prince/Sp0tter's leak situation, the 'vaporware' argument, my own imposed drama on them after they shafted me, the general disdain their community projected... list goes on, really. It'd take a toll on anyone's mental state of mind if you don't ignore it.

That's where Rogean and Nilbog really shine; they do not care what players do, thus the server is kept with full integrity as they do not get involved with the community or even remotely close to a GM scenario. That level of transparency is what you want from a classic EQ server, not someone who takes an active stance. They feel less remorse about having to let someone go that's been with them forever because that person couldn't handle the idea of transparency, made bad rulings, etc. (See: GM drama in the past)

That is what makes this server great. This is why EQClassic would fail if it launched anyways. Everyone would be treated in the same manner that their forums are treating them. Do you really want that?

Again, I say good riddance.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

In other news, I'm contemplating restarting this...

https://github.com/SecretsOTheP/Server