Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KS groups, with 6 wizards, that's my guess.
you bought the daimadoshi account didnt you ? Original Daimadoshi was in TR and spoke VERY bad english but was a really great non confrontive person.. not that it matters just saying because the real daimadoshi wouldnt ask this question.

When there are raids "Poopsocking" by having 15+ on the spawn point the FTE gets the loot despite whoever gets the kill.. a guide/gm will have to settle this if it's not apparent who got the FTE.. and who didnt..

I don't mean to attack you just think it's important information that is lacking.
Bunn - 54 Cleric
Old 06-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you bought the daimadoshi account didnt you ? Original Daimadoshi was in TR and spoke VERY bad english but was a really great non confrontive person.. not that it matters just saying because the real daimadoshi wouldnt ask this question.

When there are raids "Poopsocking" by having 15+ on the spawn point the FTE gets the loot despite whoever gets the kill.. a guide/gm will have to settle this if it's not apparent who got the FTE.. and who didnt..

I don't mean to attack you just think it's important information that is lacking.
Without variance both guilds would logically sit directly on the spawn point as it spawns. How is it possible to determine first to engage? If you knew exactly when it was going to spawn you just show up a few minutes before and sit on it. I am asking how this issue was resolved on "competitive" blue servers back in the day since apparently it was somehow as many people remember enjoying a competitive raiding evironment.

My server at least during my play time wasn't really competitive. One guild got all the kills and they weren't even very consistent about killing them when they spawned. I attended pickup vox/nagafen raids, one before kunark even. I also remember having to worry about running into Gorenaire in DL. I suspect my server was one of the last into VP. By the time I quit Cats in Hats had actually formed into a pretty powerful guild and started tearing up content from what I understand, but that was around when I quit.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without variance both guilds would logically sit directly on the spawn point as it spawns. How is it possible to determine first to engage? If you knew exactly when it was going to spawn you just show up a few minutes before and sit on it. I am asking how this issue was resolved on "competitive" blue servers back in the day since apparently it was somehow as many people remember enjoying a competitive raiding evironment.

My server at least during my play time wasn't really competitive. One guild got all the kills and they weren't even very consistent about killing them when they spawned. I attended pickup vox/nagafen raids, one before kunark even. I also remember having to worry about running into Gorenaire in DL. I suspect my server was one of the last into VP. By the time I quit Cats in Hats had actually formed into a pretty powerful guild and started tearing up content from what I understand, but that was around when I quit.
On live there wasnt 9 month delayed expansions, there was less people at max levels, raids didnt happen much until after working hours so it was the first guild to get enough people online and off work.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live there wasnt 9 month delayed expansions, there was less people at max levels, raids didnt happen much until after working hours so it was the first guild to get enough people online and off work.
ok so wont work here. Getting rid of variance doesn't seem to solve anything
Old 06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Had you read the question, it was about live servers, not this one. As for selling my account, that would never happen. I'm also glad that my english skill improved enough for you to think I'm now a different person.
As for not being a confrontive person, again you don't know me at all. I've never had issues voicing my opinions, and I'm pretty sure old TR can back me up on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't read Fippy Darkpaw's history did you? I'll put the link again, because it's quite informative as to what happened, even if content was unlocked much faster than originally: http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/news/show/517883

Back on the subject. Bring rotation, share the pixels and fun, and long live p99!
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Last edited by finalgrunt; 06-16-2012 at 10:13 PM..
Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

so anyone have a list of who got what raid targets?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so anyone have a list of who got what raid targets?
BDA: VS, Inny, CT/Draco, Gore, Trak
Divinity: Fay, Sev, Talendor
Acryid: Maestro, Noble

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

hi bruman, hope u get some fat loot bud. And VP?
Old 06-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Orc

That is real Diamadoshi
Old 06-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok so wont work here. Getting rid of variance doesn't seem to solve anything
It leaves the less desirable targets up. On live there was a lot of patches, when server was back up, everything spawned at the same time, so you had to pick your target. That also meant it all respawned at the same time.

Top tier guilds would usually choose Trak or VS, depending on what they needed, that left CT, Inny, Maestro, SEv, Tal, Gore(lolfuckgore), fay etc plus vox/naggy. When it all spawned at once, there was no way one guild could get them all.

Also, on live, guilds would move on and leave old content behind. Doesnt happen here because accounts are free and it's like a revolving door with max lvl people raiding, gettting what they want, then quitting.

Maybe it was different on other servers, but on SolRo 2nd tier guilds got raid mobs often, even before Kunark.