Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Default Worst Corpse Run

What is the worst corpse run you have ever experienced?

The worst corpse run for me was when i died in MM and was bond in EC, then died like 3 times trying to get back to MM before a rogue friend of mine decided to drag my corpse to CY in MM and log (note i was only 29 at the time). This was so not funny trying to get it back. I ended up asking another friend who had a clicky cleric parked in the zone to come help me. They both laughed at me for days after that...

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Old 06-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Banned

Lol that rogue is a dick.

My worst corpse run was back when I was on Filbus in his teens going to unrest for the first time. I was basically. Totally new to eq, only having watched it during live. I died in unrest and had to cross Dagnors all alone as a naked level 15ish warrior.

To make it worse I smoked a lot of weed, and basically had no short term memory. So I'd get turned around constantly in the cauldron due to all the little Peaks and valleys combined with my ignorance and weed stupor. My halfling corpse trailed the path to unrest, and even the fantastic four were too slow to save me from the goblins.

This marked the beginning of a game my friends Called "Find Filbus," where they would find my corpses randomly across Norrath like little hobbit waystones. Leveling a warrior first is rough, esp when you're a noob.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol that rogue is a dick.

My worst corpse run was back when I was on Filbus in his teens going to unrest for the first time. I was basically. Totally new to eq, only having watched it during live. I died in unrest and had to cross Dagnors all alone as a naked level 15ish warrior.

To make it worse I smoked a lot of weed, and basically had no short term memory. So I'd get turned around constantly in the cauldron due to all the little Peaks and valleys combined with my ignorance and weed stupor. My halfling corpse trailed the path to unrest, and even the fantastic four were too slow to save me from the goblins.

This marked the beginning of a game my friends Called "Find Filbus," where they would find my corpses randomly across Norrath like little hobbit waystones. Leveling a warrior first is rough, esp when you're a noob.
i still get turned around trying to go to unrest...everything looks the same (same for the Karanas and Lfay) I still laugh at all of my deaths and corpse runs because none will be as bad as the MM one.

<Forever Alone Group>
Old 06-25-2017, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Way back on live, when I was truly a nooblet, my poor Dark Elf necro fell down the pit trap into the jail in Najena. I died twice more that night trying to get the body back, and then I had to give up and go to bed for school. I barely slept.

The next day after school, I had to beg and plead in EC tunnel for someone to help me. Eventually some higher level char in a guild took pity on me and helped me clear down to the corpse. No rez, just help getting to the body so I could loot all my cloth gear. I never set foot in Najena again until I was on p99 and knew what I was doing.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 06-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

HS full wipe - shit still haunts me.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dragged a tru noob's corpse under the ice into the caves in everfrost. he sent a lot of tells "the corpse tracker says i'm right on top of it WHERE IS IT"
^^^ omg that is way to good, if someone did that to me I would so laugh my ass off

<Forever Alone Group>
Old 06-25-2017, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS full wipe - shit still haunts me.
The life of a posh wizard evacing to safety has made you soft
Old 06-25-2017, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Died to resists and summoners deepish in Chardok duoing with a cleric pal on my enc.

Unlucky dog spawns made it impossible to calm/invis past a certain spot and I died a combined total of 6 times trying to server tick my way down. The cleric died a couple times too, he ran his 60 enc in and died a couple times as well.

It was too embarrassing to ask for help so we ended up paying a random unknown necro for a bunch of corpse summons.

#rememberdok
Old 06-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Sarnak

Good thread.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the well in Befallen...

Old 06-25-2017, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnoshinku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the worst corpse run you have ever experienced?

The worst corpse run for me was when i died in MM and was bond in EC, then died like 3 times trying to get back to MM before a rogue friend of mine decided to drag my corpse to CY in MM and log (note i was only 29 at the time). This was so not funny trying to get it back. I ended up asking another friend who had a clicky cleric parked in the zone to come help me. They both laughed at me for days after that...
that's it? i think ive died few times and ran from qeynos all the way back to ec since i never get ports if i die solo then its my fault i won't beg for a port or a rez or even a sow..
Closed Thread