Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Unhappy Random stutter when turning with mouse..

I hold right click with my mouse to turn and some of the time when I try to make a turn my game will just randomly hitch a little and turn me too far. It's pretty disorienting when it happens, a lot of the time if there aren't any landmarks around I have no idea what way i'm facing after it happens. I turned my win 7 aero theme off because I read that p99 doesn't like that. I also put my max fps in my game options to 60. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate it? It only happens when i'm turning with my mouse, which seems weird to me. I set my /mousespeed to 4 if that matters. That's what seems comfortable to me. Thanks.

Blue
Stabulous - 60 Rogue
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

I heard running WINeq2 fixes this problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try running EQ under WinEQ2, Found at Http://www.lavishsoft.com
Last edited by Lyra; 09-03-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Old 09-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Same issue here. In the FAQ they mentioned to try disabling Aero (for Win7) and it seems to work. I've been playing the last few nights with it disabled and haven't noticed any hitching.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I experience a slight jump every time I pan across due north. Not sure if this is what the op has also.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Skeleton

I have this issue, and i also have the stutter problem when i am moving things around in my inventory. Ill try to pick something up or drop something in, and it will stutter for about a second. Once i click the item a few times, it will stop it from stuttering for a little while. Not a huge deal, but it is pretty annoying
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Used to do this for me for the longest time, only thing that fixed it was a clean reinstall, dunno if it was in the config or UI files but going fresh ended up solving it.

Didn't even take the risk of reimporting my macros or anything, just went blank slate and never re-experienced it ever again. Kind of sucked to lose all my settings, but it was more than worth it.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Kobold

I've had this problem for a long time and none of the 'fixes' worked for me. I finally had to give up on my bard because of it.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

This happens for me both on Vista and Windows 7...maybe its a Titanium issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Skeleton

almost feels like its getting worse for me
Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Aviak

I remember having it all the time on live. The only difference was that my PCs were much slower than the one I have right now. Actually, when I turned around like that I could always see the LED of the HDD working. So I think its just simple loading stutter. Get an SSD or maybe more RAM and it should be gone.