Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

about what 11 months and PoP will be out? i give it 6months to a year till they release another new TLP.

$$$$$$$$
Old 06-26-2017, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
about what 11 months and PoP will be out? i give it 6months to a year till they release another new TLP.

$$$$$$$$
And yet it'll still be the only PoP-locked server in existence. Thus your point is invalid.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we talking rules here? im confused.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I think the alterations to new everquest have really turned the game into a different game.

P99 has not altered the original style of gameplay or artwork in the game to the point it's hardly recognizable.

I just think if you want better graphics, bigger zones, easier to gain loots and easier leveling you could probably find these things on any modern day MMO.

For me, I think the only drawback on p99 is the raiding. Thanks to the playerbase, it is what it is.

As long as I stay away from that facet of p99, I find p99 quite fun due to so many other activities to do here.

I tried Agnarr, and found it trying to cater to too many different people, I found it watered down, too easy, and more than anything I found the "updated" zones to be utter garbage ruining what old EQ had to offer with it's simplistic magical atmosphere.

Glad that some people enjoy Agnarr and new EQ as a whole, because this keeps old EQ alive for newer gamers to experience, but for me personally it failed to deliver.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoy some of the quality of life additions that Agnarr has over P99. And the higher xp rates, chat channels and overall higher pop in old zones. So easy to get into a group, and find a spot for yourself due to /pick. I could do without the revamped freeport and the like, but I deal with it.

Overall I enjoyed classic EQ the way it was meant to be played far more, similar to how P99 mimics it. But I've been playing EverQuest since it went live in 99 when I made my dwarf cleric and got immediately hooked on the amazing red glow of monsters as I hunted the newbie hills of butcher block at night. Plus the boat rides, the roleplaying, the kind-hearted players and friendly social aspect. It was truly immersive back then. A friend of my RL brother who was also playing came along and loaded me up with 100 platinum right off the bat, plus a kind soul gifted me with a full set of bronze. So I was on my way into a long and exciting EQ experience.

Though the community and game mechanics will never be the same, P99 is definitely your best bet at reliving it like it was back then. For myself and certainly many others, we've played EQ "hard mode" past enjoyment and want something a little more laid back these days. Gone are the summer vacation days of 8-10 hour play sessions. Now I have a career and need something less consuming. That's Agnarr for me. I just turned 18 when PoP was new, so although I did casual raiding with a family type guild on Fennin (Lost Dragons, then Dragons of Nightshade), I didn't experience even a fraction of what PoP had to offer with a blooming social life of college, partying and frequent skateboarding with friends. This is currently my best chance of trying to enjoy that era again a little more in-depth without playing EQ like it's my second job.

It's not for everyone, plenty of people like me making the most of it and having fun though.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Banned

Uuruk the cuck
Old 06-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

I haven't actually read through this thread, but I'm sure most of this has already been covered. But I'm bored, so here's my totally unnecessary review of Agnarr for anyone considering trying it out:

Agnarr was great fun the first few weeks. Leveling in rags with a bunch of others noobs also in rags was hilarious and super nostalgic. It didn't take long for that excitement to wear off though.

Almost everything else is a downgrade from P99. The "updated" zones are just awful, especially Freeport and Highpass Hold. Experience is waaay too fast in groups and you blow through the teens and twenties almost before you have a chance to buy new spells. Things are just really easy in general (instances, no corpse runs, nukes are super beefed up, etc.) Cash shop items are just ridiculous and immersion-breaking, even if they're mostly cosmetic. And the worst thing by far is all the Krono farming at high levels that encourages antisocial neckbeards with mage box armies to dps race for anything valuable. I would not recommend the server to any P99 refugees.

It did get me super excited about the potential of a Green99 recycle server though. That's the sort of thing that would definitely bring me back to this game.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

No corpse runs, DPS racing and an overall bland experience killed it for me. Too bad--it sounded like a ton of fun prior to release.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Banned

yea only thing that would bring me back to p99 is a recycle/green server starting fresh with an accurate timeline and actual classic things that p99 has done away with over the years to cater to the RMTers printing RL cash
Old 06-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't actually read through this thread, but I'm sure most of this has already been covered. But I'm bored, so here's my totally unnecessary review of Agnarr for anyone considering trying it out:

Agnarr was great fun the first few weeks. Leveling in rags with a bunch of others noobs also in rags was hilarious and super nostalgic. It didn't take long for that excitement to wear off though.

Almost everything else is a downgrade from P99. The "updated" zones are just awful, especially Freeport and Highpass Hold. Experience is waaay too fast in groups and you blow through the teens and twenties almost before you have a chance to buy new spells. Things are just really easy in general (instances, no corpse runs, nukes are super beefed up, etc.) Cash shop items are just ridiculous and immersion-breaking, even if they're mostly cosmetic. And the worst thing by far is all the Krono farming at high levels that encourages antisocial neckbeards with mage box armies to dps race for anything valuable. I would not recommend the server to any P99 refugees.

It did get me super excited about the potential of a Green99 recycle server though. That's the sort of thing that would definitely bring me back to this game.
Thanks, I want to say I told y'all, I love starting fresh too but to me these servers are only good to relive later expansions again and not good for pre pop due to the rampant asshatery. All I want is aa pop classic server and it's not agnarr
Closed Thread