Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-24-2017, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

Have you tried borrowing an entirely different "set of discs" for the install?

I never had this specific problem, but doing a complete re-install with a completely different "set of discs" borrowed from pirates fixed a lot of issues for me.

If you have tried various different installs, maybe try it on a different drive than E:?
Old 06-25-2017, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Your installation is fine - this is a hardware-related issue. More specifically, your CPU clock speed is too fast. WinEQ2 is the "try this first" silver bullet solution, and if that doesn't work then you're in for some unhappy news. There are a couple different solutions beyond WinEQ2, however:

1. Underclock your CPU to 4.0 GHz, and then decrease by .1 increments from there until you're able to reliably sign into the servers. Most people who've done this have had to underclock their CPU from 4+ GHz to around 3.2 - 3.4 GHz in order to play on P99.

2. Use virtualization software such as VMware or VirtualBox to build a virtual machine that's capable of signing into P99. Further info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Download Virtualbox and find a winXP or linux ISO (I'd go with Linux Mint and wine as a beginner-friendly linux option myself), fiddle around with the hardware settings, install the OS, and go from there.

Before that I would try setting these lines to FALSE in eqclient.ini, see if that helps any at least on non-P99 servers:
Code:
VertexShaders=FALSE
20PixelShaders=FALSE
14PixelShaders=FALSE
1xPixelShaders=FALSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also prefer VirtualBox - if you aren't familiar with setting up kernels in a virtual environment you might want to hit up some YouTube tutorials. It's pretty easy though. And yeah, you need the actual software for whichever operating system you want to virtualize - probably not the best idea to install Windows 7/8/10 in a VM for more than testing purposes, since it will be pretty resource-intensive. If you plan on using a VM to play on P99, for example, you'll want to go with something more lightweight like Windows XP or Linux.
This is a problem that's unique to P99 due to preventative measures against speed hacking - others who've had this issue also reported the same jittery/sped-up movement when signing into other EQEmu servers, which you're able to sign into because they aren't running the same checks against cheats as P99.

Here are some more threads for reference: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161971, https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=253854, https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=257766
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 06-25-2017 at 02:53 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Paul to save the day.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Orc

Thank you, Paul I used AMD's Overdrive utility to modify my P99 Game instead of the whole bios.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Lightbulb seems like a computer issue

install it and run it from a flash drive...
RAM install over view
you bypass the drives and use your own you could also be mobile with it and play other ways.

Here is the flash drive.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 09-15-2017, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Could also try vmware thinapp
Whispering their hidden song.
Then you see what cannot be—
Shadows move where light should be.
Out of darkness, out of mind,
Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Orc

Default Nope, I give up

That is it, I spend 3 - 4 hours a day trying to fix this game. the only thing I haven't tried is Using VM ware or switching to Linux of any type. So I might delete or gift my account to groups of friends who can use it since I can't.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidobull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is it, I spend 3 - 4 hours a day trying to fix this game. the only thing I haven't tried is Using VM ware or switching to Linux of any type. So I might delete or gift my account to groups of friends who can use it since I can't.
Don't delete. That's just silly. If you want someone to progress your toons while you are figuring stuff out. We could do that for you. Send me a PM or hit me up on discord. I'm everywhere you can find me.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 10-08-2017, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't delete. That's just silly. If you want someone to progress your toons while you are figuring stuff out. We could do that for you. Send me a PM or hit me up on discord. I'm everywhere you can find me.
No. Stop.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99