Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 05:27 PM
Aviak

Default When asking for a port

When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you
Last edited by westtell4; 06-25-2017 at 05:30 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Banned

Hi

are you porting?
Old 06-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but deep down we really don't want to
Wut?
Old 06-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

I actually do not like people sending my druid tells stating simply "Need port from xx to xx", but then again I'm not in DaP, so...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Fire Giant

The story is part of the fun. With a little sweet talking I sometimes get a port for free.

Put all your gear into your bags and sell it as a corpse run. The art of the deal homie!
Old 06-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you
Ah, the Asperger's is strong in you, young padawan...
Old 06-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of times in the past I have had porters with DAP tag up, not respond, or say, "oops I accidentally had tag up I am not porting now..." Which lead me to sometimes start with, "are you porting?"

This is a personal preference for you, to want people to directly tell you X to X in the first tell.

Some probably don't like this way of asking for a port, so it's just a matter of taste.

This should be in RnF. It's 100% a rant. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-26-2017, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

I feel your pain OP sometimes when I am in the groove and I get a Hi my reply back is Hi. I also don't mind some of the converstion sometimes as well it really depends on my mood.

Stay strong and don't let them get to ya.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

You seem rustled. You should join red server, where you can port people you dislike to plane of hate or north karana druid rings (if evil race).
Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem rustled. You should join red server, where you can port people you dislike to plane of hate or north karana druid rings (if evil race).
sometimes i think red only exists so retards can try and sell it on the forums
Closed Thread