Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel your pain OP sometimes when I am in the groove and I get a Hi my reply back is Hi. I also don't mind some of the converstion sometimes as well it really depends on my mood.

Stay strong and don't let them get to ya.
If someone initiates communication for a port with small talk or a simple "hi" and it causes stress on the porter they probably don't have what it takes to be a competent porter.

I suggest anger management, therapy, or maybe just a different job altogether. The last thing we need is a porter off his rocker going postal in the EC tunnel.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sometimes i think red only exists so retards can try and sell it on the forums
Writing report for veiled RL attacks on petition forums now. Enjoy your suspension.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone initiates communication for a port with small talk or a simple "hi" and it causes stress on the porter they probably don't have what it takes to be a competent porter.

I suggest anger management, therapy, or maybe just a different job altogether. The last thing we need is a porter off his rocker going postal in the EC tunnel.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. If you get irritated because someone initiates a cordial conversation just trying to be polite then you should probably fix whatever is wrong inside your own fucked up head and not expect other people to accommodate you.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:30 AM
Kobold

Time is money.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Hey asshole,
Port me to the Burned Woods, and dont forget the SoW!
What!? you want a tip now too?
Don't fly kites near power lines, there's your tip!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey asshole,
Port me to the Burned Woods, and dont forget the SoW!
What!? you want a tip now too?
Don't fly kites near power lines, there's your tip!
In the past I used to troll them if I was feeling a bit cheery, but that usually lead to them getting angry so I don't do that anymore.

I would send the porter a tell every 20 secs to interrupt their tells from others needing ports, I'd prod them to come get me, where I was at, how long I had to get to point B, how much longer did I have to wait, I did this until they either got me or ignored me.

Had one porter who got really angry when I did this once, and I felt bad because he was legitimately frustrated and agitated as he was busy and I was being a dickling to him. He chided me as politely as he could, warned me he was going to cancel my port if I kept pestering him, and sure enough he canceled my trip and put me on ignore.

So some of them do not have much of a sense of humor and/or take their porting very seriously.

Just as all humans go, everyone is different and so is each DAP porter. Each one has different thresholds of how much dicking they can take too.

That being said, this guy sounds like he is unreasonably agitated by people simply trying to be friendly and polite to him.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi. Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you
I hope you're sterile. Lawdy!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Banned

We should just all send OP some cash and forgo the port all together, would make the transaction speedier and cost less mana.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

I'm guessing we aren't allowed to ask him if we can send him the cash. It should have already been sent
Closed Thread