Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation A really big deal was made about these things when I was a schoolboy.

I think it was a corporate excuse to familiarise kids with soft drinks and recruit new customer base. My first taste of fizzy drinks. I liked the Vimto. At the time these machines were made out to be so important, but I've never seen a wild can crusher outside of that place or time.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 06-23-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think it was a corporate excuse to familiarise kids with soft drinks and recruit new customer base. My first taste of fizzy drinks. I liked the Vimto. At the time these machines were made out to be so important, but I've never seen a wild can crusher outside of that place or time.
i have that very one in all black
Old 06-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

there's an 'it's ok when you do it...' meme here somewhere. happy jesus showed up to save the immigrants. is no one gonna defend Richie?
Old 06-23-2023, 05:54 PM
Banned

Two things can be true: This entire endeavor was retarded and insane, just go pay james cameron to use his sub that wasn't built out of parts from home depot. Going down to the titanic isn't exactly cutting edge stuff, it's not that deep. Also, it's not automatically funny because rich people died unless you're a crazy ghoulish sociopath.

If some joe the plumber asshole had died in this thing it would have still been a totally insane thing to do, and also sad that he died.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's not that deep.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two things can be true: This entire endeavor was retarded and insane, just go pay james cameron to use his sub that wasn't built out of parts from home depot. Going down to the titanic isn't exactly cutting edge stuff, it's not that deep. Also, it's not automatically funny because rich people died unless you're a crazy ghoulish sociopath.

If some joe the plumber asshole had died in this thing it would have still been a totally insane thing to do, and also sad that he died.
Its not the fact that some billionaires died. It was the fact that the same billionaire made it a paid tour, said that the safety rules imposed on him (as a tour operator) were killing him. You get that right?

Joe plumber, taking himself down (in a pipe...) would be sad cause it would be just someone not being clever enough to NOT die. And have the adventure of a lifetime. Like rocket man proving the earth was flat in a homemade rocket...
Old 06-23-2023, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:

I'm not laughing because they were rich, I'm laughing because they saw that rinky dink excuse of a submarine and actually thought to themselves "this seems legit"
Old 06-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Sharks are just a more evolved but still dumb fish. Orcas are op tier 1 mammals capable of organizing a raid force and employing advance level strat to get fat blubber loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1VEwsI4SlY

Don't mess with orcas.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharks are just a more evolved but still dumb fish. Orcas are op tier 1 mammals capable of organizing a raid force and employing advance level strat to get fat blubber loot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1VEwsI4SlY

Don't mess with orcas.
A seal is nothing. I'm pretty sure there is video of them killing a huge whale. Not sure if a blue whale but something big like that. Legit strats, they bite and hold onto the tail fin to slow it down and maybe prevent deep dive, others come bite the side fins or something. I remember being like 'damn... this is the smartest animal I've ever seen'
Old 06-24-2023, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

They pin a whale just under water by controlling it’s fins and raking turns to go up for air.

Takes a long time to drown a whale - they can hold their breath.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung