Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM
Skeleton

Default EverMQuest

Before i Start: Nite this is a Rant of my frustration, And no Matter what i rant about i Do-not see it being game breaking or changing,

Troll if you like what ever ....

I played 16 years ago and played the game, never did i MQ: a dam thing, maybe because back then there was so much more content.. or so much little mini bos's so contested ... i had a different gaming "everguest" experiencing then i am having her now.

i Personally Hate mq's i think it defeats the game. and cusses a lot of problems we are seeing to day with the top guild able to camp these kills with less the numbers one would need... with there gear they have from the upper game and are now unseeing this gear advantage to 5-3 man things others would need full groups to do , as well as well as blocking the lower guilds and lower lvled players from doing there quest and forced to buy the things from them or go some times year before getting a quest done they would love to finish.

i refer to this game now as EverMQuest:

thats what it has come to MQ: i see is an Exploit . should have been fixed on live should be fixed Here.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] on the grounds as a Exploit..

if MQ's where fixed here on Classic i see less BS we are having now with ... and less work load on the GM's just a thought @GM's

but who am i . just an old bastard who like's to play games as intended ... with out the bullshit

but what ever that was my rant i had to get off my chest
Old 12-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before I start, this is a rant of my frustration, and no matter what I rant about, I do not see it being game breaking or changing. Troll if you like. Whatever.

I played 16 years ago and when I did, I never multiquested a damn thing. Maybe because back then there was so much more content, or so many little mini bosses not as contested. I had a different gaming experience than I am having now.

I personally hate multiquesting. I think it defeats the purpose of the game. It's the cause of a lot of problems we see today with the top guilds being able to camp these kills with less numbers than it should take, because of their gear they have from the end game. They are able to 3-man things that should take a full group. They block lower guilds and lower level players from doing a quest and are thus forced to buy things from them, or wait forever before completing a quest.

This is why I refer to the game as EverMQuest.

That's what it has come to. I see MQing as an exploit. It should have been fixed on live and should be fixed here, on the grounds that it is an exploit.

If the MQ's were fixed here on p99, I think there'd be less bullshit than we are having now and less work for the GM's (just a thought for you, GM's.)

But who am I? Just an old bastard who likes to play games as intended, without the bullshit.

But whatever. That was my rant. I had to get it off my chest.
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 12-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Fire Giant

gotta say it but

SHITS CLASSIC
Old 12-18-2016, 09:43 PM
Skeleton

what Kaight said sorry my spelling sucks and grammar sucks
Old 12-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

MQs let people complete quests from content they'd likely never. I don't know about you, but I've never heard a Phinny kill group say they're looking for a rogue. On live, my Robe of the Kedge was MQed to me for my Ragebringer. On live, my Drusella / Trak pieces were MQed to me for my Spirit Wracked Cord. Both MQs were free of charge and from content I never did and never would have done.

Here, MQs play a vital part of our economy. It's something valuable that will sell, unlike perhaps Thick Banded Belt #15607. MQs allow raiding guilds to defer a loot decision instead of having to award a high end epic drop on the spot. And above all else, they give bored level 60 players something to do on a server that allows no alternate advancement. It's good thing they exist and you'd realize real quick how much things would suck without that option, key word option, being on the table.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

It's classic but... Honestly, why do people think this is an exploit? Quests where you're intended to kill dragons and bring back scales, why would the quest NPC care if one Rogue turns in all the quest pieces or the Rogue returns with his Ranger friend and they each hand the quest NPC an item.

The NPC surely knows you aren't soloing these dragons, and you had help to slay them. Why does it matter that the items they requested come from two different individuals, so long as they receive everything they requested. It makes logical sense for MQing to work.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

law of unnintendo'd console quizzes...

glad i read more than none... will save the RTS for another day
Old 12-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Banned

i am on deadline too busy to respond to this thread

got it
Old 12-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

Let me know when you want your cleric epic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

MQs were fixed. They were added, because they are classic, whether good or not. That is why we have them now ^^