Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned

Default Str

Am I the only one noticing it not affecting damage? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Works fine for me.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Works fine for me.
Ditto
Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Skeleton

Works for me also, noticeable difference between buffed/unbuffed dmg.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 AM
Orc

My level 1 ogre shaman does more damage than my level 5 halfling warrior. ^^
Old 05-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Kobold

Str/Melee damage/Attack do all seemed bugged. I have a str of 126 and use a wep with 20 damage, yet still frequently only land hits on dark blue cons for 1, 3, 5, 6 points of damage. Yup, either str or attack is messed up, or the mobs i'm fighting have recently had their AC and damage mitigation amped up equal to naggy or vox. Come to think of it, my AC stat seems bugged too. AC of 520 at levl 26, and blues still hit me for max dmg damn near every hit.
Last edited by Intricus; 05-11-2010 at 04:48 AM..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Str/Melee damage/Attack do all seemed bugged. I have a str of 126 and use a wep with 20 damage, yet still frequently only land hits on dark blue cons for 1, 3, 5, 6 points of damage. Yup, either str or attack is messed up, or the mobs i'm fighting have recently had their AC and damage mitigation amped up equal to naggy or vox. Come to think of it, my AC stat seems bugged too. AC of 520 at levl 26, and blues still hit me for max dmg damn near every hit.
Is 126 strength enough to increase damage? I know I usually have to hit around 190 it make it even worthwhile at lvl 50. At 255 str there is a sizable difference.

Also, AC does seem a little wack, but it's much better than before. I'm almost consistently taking max damage at all times, and I wear full (almost...) planar plate.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Technically 1 point of strength adds to Attack, so yes, I would say my 126 strength should be making an impact on my overall melee damage...but it rarely does [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Taslion

So I guess I'm not the only one who is seeing something here...

On my monk I have never managed to hit for anything more than a 16 using EBMs. I remember one time where I was buffed to upwards of around +50 str, and still I'd only max at 16 damage. My strike damage does seem to be effected by str improvements, but thats pretty lackluster. I wasn't sure if it was intended to be this way, I never played a melee in original EQ.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Technically 1 point of strength adds to Attack, so yes, I would say my 126 strength should be making an impact on my overall melee damage...but it rarely does
Have you tried parsing any of this?

Also is your weapon skill maxed for whatever weapon you are testing this with?

For the purpose a proper test I would limit myself to a 2-handed weapon (if you are a duel wielding class) just to make it easier to see exactly what's happening without the offhand getting in the way.

If you can get a good haste that will also help produce the numbers you need to look at more quickly.

Out of curiosity what is the strength range you were testing with? You mention 126 being your current STR but what is the minimum/maximum strength you are testing with? You should at least try to get a 50 strength difference and see if you notice a difference.

If your str range is only differing like 5-15 points then the range probably isn't good enough to see past the R.N.G. hit range.
Closed Thread