Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the situation on AE kiting in Burning Woods? Bees and skeles but where is the spot to circle? WTB Map.
And Gorillas, for sure. There tend to be anywhere from 1 to 10 Gullerbacks alive in the zone, but only the one who spawns southwest of the giant fort and circles the crater there can ever summon. And if the Gullerbacks (all of them) aren't totally immune to magic, they are 99.9999999% resistant. I never ONCE stuck a magic-based spell on them... so even if you do manage to aggro the level 51 version of Gullerback, you still will never get him down to 95% so that he starts summoning.

And non-casting sarnaks, maybe. I didn't find it too hard to avoid aggroing casters when you pull, you just need to make sure you don't run too far ahead of your mobs so that a caster ends up pathing across their route and aggroing onto you. Zealots and extremists cast, avengers and champions don't. Sometimes the avengers and champs will still have sow, but that is easily dispelled within 2-3 attempts.

I circled in the flat-ish area near the abandoned building that is just south of the BW zone to SF (it's not totally flat, and there are occasional wanderers up there). If you aren't kos with sarnaks, there is a lot of flat and open ground up near chardok I believe. Seems like most of the rest of the open areas in the zone are littered with fallen trees though, which you can get stuck on or get killed because of altering your circle when trying to avoid a tree or something.

Xp was stellar in there when I started at like 50-51. It was so good that even though I would tend to die every other time, and I didn't usually even bother to get a rez, it was still MUCH faster than any other form of xp you could get. Once I got into 54 though I was only getting maybe 2-3 blues per success (pulling 70-90 mobs usually), but a death cost me 1.5-2 blues... so I called it quits.

But you may have a steadier hand and/or better strategy than I had.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 03-23-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Big things in BW... don't hate on my tree.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Aviak

My bard is now level 40. I have been AOE kiting since i got selo's running in circles style. The max amount of mobs i am able to do is 20~25. At that point though things are fairly laggy. I do not die very often and i am able to compensate for the lag that i get pretty well, but its difficult.

I am just curious to those of you bards out there, how laggy are you when you are up to 25+ mobs? I am running a multicore processor and i understand there is issues with that, but I have met others my level who can't even do 5 mobs without lagging up.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcinsane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My bard is now level 40. I have been AOE kiting since i got selo's running in circles style. The max amount of mobs i am able to do is 20~25. At that point though things are fairly laggy. I do not die very often and i am able to compensate for the lag that i get pretty well, but its difficult.

I am just curious to those of you bards out there, how laggy are you when you are up to 25+ mobs? I am running a multicore processor and i understand there is issues with that, but I have met others my level who can't even do 5 mobs without lagging up.
Depends on the zone. 25 mobs in most ordinary zones is not an issue for me, I start to get lag around 60+ mobs I would estimate (I've never really counted). I also have a fairly awful computer, most people are able to handle more mobs without lagging. However some zones are laggier than others, like Burning Woods (possibly because of the bees' flapping animation).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcinsane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you read this whole thread? There are a lot of tips buried here or there for helping you to deal with lag.

Spell effects off.
Clip plane low/minimum while killing.
Sky off.
Weather effects at minimum.
Filter out dot damage.
Don't run a /log.
Don't face the sky if there is a thunderstorm.

May be a few others. This stuff made a huge, HUGE difference for me when I started using it.

You can also run p99 from your ram or a SSD or a modern thumb drive, some people say that smooths out running around near so many mobs (though I've never tried it).

I could kite 120ish things in OT and 80-90 in BW without any problems.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Aviak

Does anybody still play live? And if so, any tips? Im playing around on a bard until my client gets in, and since bards cant aoe kite on live anymore, was wondering how ppl adapted their play style. Thanks

Its all fun and games until somebody loses an eye, then its just a game, FIND THE EYE!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Have you read this whole thread? There are a lot of tips buried here or there for helping you to deal with lag.

Spell effects off.
Clip plane low/minimum while killing.
Sky off.
Weather effects at minimum.
Filter out dot damage.
Don't run a /log.
Don't face the sky if there is a thunderstorm.

May be a few others. This stuff made a huge, HUGE difference for me when I started using it.

You can also run p99 from your ram or a SSD or a modern thumb drive, some people say that smooths out running around near so many mobs (though I've never tried it).

I could kite 120ish things in OT and 80-90 in BW without any problems.
I do have all those off, including clip plane, the only thing i still had on was the sky so i will make sure that is off too. Thanks for the heads up! Always looking for other things to try.

I have even went with what technical support forums suggested and try WinEQ2, it seems to help a bit but not a lot. Knowing that you folks can kite around 60 mobs + With little lag gives me a lot more drive to figure out what my issue is. One thing i think would help is get EQ bound to a processor. Thanks for the answers!

I have a SSD Drive that i will be installing soon so maybe that will help. Untill then i can try it off a thumb drive. As far as running the game off the ram? I am not sure how to do that exactly.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

If you google search along the lines of "play p1999 from ram" or "p1999 faster load times" you'll find the thread that talks about it. Not too complicated, if a bit of a hassle.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Kobold

I just noted that you played on Seventh Hammer, and your name looks vaguely familiar. Also an ex-Seventh Hammer bard here!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Need more mobs!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread