Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Classic resist system or Null's non-classic system?
Keep the resist system as classic as possible 67 60.91%
Add Null's VZ/TZ bastardization that isn't classic 43 39.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to point out that the bold portion of your quote is a titanium client restriction and not something that I added in.
Is there any way around it? Or are you stuck with that?

So Immersed
Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

I can think of a few hacky ways to get around it but to do it the right way would probably require a client modification. I know nothing about doing client mods and the only people that I know who can do those are Secrets and Rogean.

That said, the resist system I am using works under the assumption of this limitation...so yea.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can think of a few hacky ways to get around it but to do it the right way would probably require a client modification. I know nothing about doing client mods and the only people that I know who can do those are Secrets and Rogean.

That said, the resist system I am using works under the assumption of this limitation...so yea.
It is my understanding that the titanium client uses different values to calculate resists than the classic-velious era client. Have you considered the possibility that a client patch might be necessary to make pvp resists perform adequately on a classic server?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is my understanding that the titanium client uses different values to calculate resists than the classic-velious era client. Have you considered the possibility that a client patch might be necessary to make pvp resists perform adequately on a classic server?
Resist calculations are handled on the server, typically so is duration but roots and snares in PvP seem to the exceptions to the rule.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Kobold

I like the way stuff worked back on VZTZ, resist root with 200+ mr. All other spells should obviously scale differently, can't completely dick over casters. Let's not forget how ridiculously unbalanced EQ is, pals. Oh, and Hello Null-Pal.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Large Rat

To the server staff: Classic EQ is not balanced. The "About" page for this website says "The mission of the project is to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest during those time periods". Save yourselves the pain and heartache, just make it classic. It will never be perfect, but if it is classic, there will be no complaints. It's called Project1999 for a reason. Blizzard has been trying to balance WoW for years with a massive staff. You likely will not achieve it during a single beta and with a handful of developers.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned

(Strong language not aimed at above)

There also aren't stupid shit like fucking talent trees in classic EQ or linear resist systems/arena that are examined under a microscope. WoW's problem is exactly the point that you could only bring a certain # into an equation or you needed a set # to do things because of hard coded shit like enrage timers and 2 minute cool downs. People playing EQ enjoyed their sandbox. People playing WoW get frazzled under their restrictions.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 AM
Banned

This is a very interesting poll
Old 10-31-2011, 04:27 AM
Sarnak

This poll is biased as hell. It is obvious without even reading the post which category the original poster wants everyone to pick.

Biased poll is useless.
Closed Thread