Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by godbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
such a huge bummer being such a pivotal part of the class. It's like if monks needed a bottleneck quest for feign death to work at 60. When devs eventually consider what to do with the server as velious gets towards the end of live they should really consider doing a minor overhaul of some of the more bullshit epics. classic or not.
Not going to happen even though I do not disagree.

My opinion:

I love this project (P99) and it's similarities to classic live. Mage epic was the most difficult epic in the game due to multiple BULL CRAP spawns and very rare drops off them. WAY worse than any other epic related mobs in the game, overall.

When a Mage achieves their epic AND level 60, the time frame in which P99 is currently, it makes the mage basically a HUGE asset. The pet can out damage EVERY melee class in the game (except Rogues). And, it usually makes dps charts during boss fights (which is ridiculous).

The stats on the Orb are beyond awesome, but that is to be expected because all other epics in game are like that too.

I believe if anything were to change it would ruin the epic. It is the most difficult to get because of the pet and it's abilities. I do not wish for the devs to change anything regarding the epic. I just hope they follow what was true to the original design, and what I am most referring to is Hate 2.0. Magi P'Tasa Staff drops were a HUGE relief for all Magus. The staff wasn't NEARLY as bad as it was with Inny, who literally almost never dropped the staff.

/Opinion off regarding my thoughts on mage epic

One other thing I'd like to say is IF a mage can't or doesn't want to take the time to get the epic, which happens for various reasons: At least get the Water staff off Phinny or do the Plane of Sky quest and get the Air staff.

Both of those are HUGE upgrades to the 51+ pets and are the next best thing to an epic. Remember, a mage is only as good as his/her/its/transgender pet.
Last edited by dafier; 07-20-2015 at 12:52 PM..
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has a WAY better drop rate than Inny. Magi'Ptasa has less drops available AND the drop rate more than doubles from Inny's drop rate.

Secondly, Magi can spawn in multiple places at the same time.
For mages sake, I hope the top part is true regarding the droprate. I've got no information here.

To my knowledge, Magi cannot spawn in multiple places until the next revamp after Velious where minis get switched to a rare spawn off their corresponding underlings' spots.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For mages sake, I hope the top part is true regarding the droprate. I've got no information here.

To my knowledge, Magi cannot spawn in multiple places until the next revamp after Velious where minis get switched to a rare spawn off their corresponding underlings' spots.
I think you have a point. Early Velious (release) I think Magi has a single spawn point and has a chance of a PH. And, yes, the drop rate is much better than Inny.

For 1, Inny is a 7 day spawn. 2, I believe the drop rate of the staff is < 5%.

Magi drop rate is more like 30+ % and is on a 3 day spawn timer. The PH is on a 12 hour spawn timer.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Took me 3 years to get the epic on my mage. Was a pretty amazing moment tho and the versatility of the pet is great.
Gregyn <Divinity> --- 51 Druid
Kaldek <Divinity --- 48 Warrior
Leerick <Divinity> --- EC Mule
Old 07-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Took me 3 years to get the epic on my mage. Was a pretty amazing moment tho and the versatility of the pet is great.
On P99 or live? And congrats! I can't agree with you more.

I achieved my epic on live during the Velious explansion. When I did, it was 2am one morning and I had to work the next day early.

I checked on Magi around midnight, saw he was up and holding the staff. Took my guild about 30 or 45 mins to get the forces ported up.

After I got the staff, I got a port to DL, ran to FV, did my Earth turn in. Gated back to FP. Ran to WC and paid a Wizard to port me to sky with all the Elements in hand.

I had to tell the quest NPC in sky "Let me see the master", and that big element appeared in some cave. I think you can hail him and say something but his response is weak. Anyway, I'll never forget that moment and there after.

That pet was a HUGE game changer. Huge.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I achieved my epic on live during the Velious explansion. When I did, it was 2am one morning and I had to work the next day early.

I checked on Magi around midnight, saw he was up and holding the staff. Took my guild about 30 or 45 mins to get the forces ported up.

After I got the staff, I got a port to DL, ran to FV, did my Earth turn in. Gated back to FP. Ran to WC and paid a Wizard to port me to sky with all the Elements in hand.

I had to tell the quest NPC in sky "Let me see the master", and that big element appeared in some cave. I think you can hail him and say something but his response is weak. Anyway, I'll never forget that moment and there after.

45mins get ready time at 3am wouldn't get you a staff on p99 I don't think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Lucky for me, I have a good guild in P99. So, np there. On live, it was during the week and very late. And, I got VERY lucky.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I played a warrior on live mostly. I'm talking here on P99.
Gregyn <Divinity> --- 51 Druid
Kaldek <Divinity --- 48 Warrior
Leerick <Divinity> --- EC Mule
Old 08-04-2015, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

On red your pet just gets charmed by jackasses on your raid or by any local bard/chanter in pvp. Real fun.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On red your pet just gets charmed by jackasses on your raid or by any local bard/chanter in pvp. Real fun.
Play blue!