Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default IP Exemption for guild bankers

As we seem to be stuck on 8 toons per account.

Means some poor sod in a guild has to lose a slot to hold the ill gotten gains of said guild.

IMo guilds should be able to nominate one banker or more, for an exemption.

Esp for guilds that stretch over more than just AMERICA timezone; where officers(bankers) are on at different times.

As sure this be lost on the US based players, but for others this is a headache.

alternatively I can leave paypal details for help in ordering a dialAbride, and get the guild a banker. Feel free to donate, its a worthy cause.

I realise the gms will whine on about being overworked etc.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

better solution would be 10 char slots for all )

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As we seem to be stuck on 8 toons per account.

Means some poor sod in a guild has to lose a slot to hold the ill gotten gains of said guild.

IMo guilds should be able to nominate one banker or more, for an exemption.

Esp for guilds that stretch over more than just AMERICA timezone; where officers(bankers) are on at different times.

As sure this be lost on the US based players, but for others this is a headache.

alternatively I can leave paypal details for help in ordering a dialAbride, and get the guild a banker. Feel free to donate, its a worthy cause.

I realise the gms will whine on about being overworked etc.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

better solution would be 10 char slots for all )
Just create a second account....

(NOTE: You won't be able to log in both at the same time without risking a ban for boxing.)
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

I'm confused what IP exemption has to do with 8 character slots... Just make a second account?

I mean... It's a cool idea, most all guild banking that occurred was boxed by an officer during classic. Just so long as it's limited to one account per guild and the characters are perma rooted in place at NFP Bank or some other bank of their choice...

But it seems like a lot of extra effort for GMs when you could just get a random person in guild to log it on.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

This thread doesn't make sense. Also your English and sentence structure is pretty embarrassing.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused what IP exemption has to do with 8 character slots... Just make a second account?

But it seems like a lot of extra effort for GMs when you could just get a random person in guild to log it on.
As i already said, if a guild officer has to be the banker. Then they lose one of the 8 char slots. Ive only been on p99 6months and ive got 8 toons already. (also handy for more than one officer to be a banker)

Means someone in the guild has to take the short straw, and lose a char slot.

Officers tend to be peeps with toons in the 40-60 range, so they probably spend alot of time in kunark or down some exotic loc somewhere. Its somewhat clunky to have to drop out of grp log out and log in a differnt account....to hand a lvl 22 guildy a item from the guild bank. (probably in nfp or ec)

Its a good idea, but as you say it probably means more key presses for the gms; assume ip exemptions are manually entered into some system.

SO a fix is to expand char slots to 10. However that will cause the screaming anally retentive folk to go into apoplectic fits.....[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

`when you could just get a random person in guild to log it on.` didnt folks in tmo get banned for that? multiple folk having access to a single accounts.....theres was somethign on this before the 400 cull. ?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 04-22-2014 at 03:34 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Planar Protector

Usually a guild makes a new account for their guild bank.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This...
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 characters on one account /shudder

p.s. love you snackums
Old 04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Aviak

I still have no idea what OP is asking about. You want an IP exemption... so you can have two additional character slots... per account? Or you want to be able to log in two characters from one account at the same time? Sounds an awful lot like two-boxing, which is against server rules.

Here is what you can do, OP. Make a new account (you can make as many as you want!) and fill it up with 8 guild bank mules. Share the account info with any officers/leadership you trust to have access to the guild bank. Bam, you're done.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quit spending every spare second playing everquest. You'll never have time to play 8 characters if you have just a little bit of balance when it comes to the elf Sims.
Closed Thread