Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer lowest mez almost always. Fastest cast, fastest recast (since I put a root in gem 1), low cost. Only annoying when you need to mez a lot of stuff (rare for me since I'm solo) or mez 1 thing for several minutes. In groups though it makes less sense to use the level 4 mez exclusively imo.

I also use root cause it casts faster and is as mana efficient as anything else. Doesnt last long , but easy to recast unless you're dealing with a pull from hell. I'll use PE once I get it, though not always. Fetter is godly once you get it though.
Root has a casting time of 2 seconds vs. Immobilize at 1.8 seconds but Immobilize is almost 3x as expensive to cast (80m vs. 30m). Which do you recommend using? Assuming that you're soloing with charm and whatnot. Is the .2 seconds worth the extra 50 mana? Cost vs. speed?! HALP
Old 06-29-2016, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

It's not about cast time it's about root duration and average fight length.

Will 2 root casts do instead of 1 immobilize? What about 3? What if you need 2 immobilizes because of an early break.

On the average and in most cases more roots will work out better than 1 immobilize. It will uncommonly be the case that 1 immobilize is better than 3 roots.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottomania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root has a casting time of 2 seconds vs. Immobilize at 1.8 seconds but Immobilize is almost 3x as expensive to cast (80m vs. 30m). Which do you recommend using? Assuming that you're soloing with charm and whatnot. Is the .2 seconds worth the extra 50 mana? Cost vs. speed?! HALP
I didn't say I use "root" because I actually prefer immobilize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2016, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

This is a grouping/solo setup. raid setup is drastically different.

1. Mesmerize (slot one for GCD, this is rapid fire mez in a pinch) This can also be a good spot for fetter if you are not fighting casters nor grouped with idiots.
2. Tashanian
3. Forlorn Deeds (if no other slower. if slows are covered this slot usually gets a long recast spell.)
4. Boltran's (Charm)
5. Fetter
6. Color Slant
7. Swap Slot for short recast time spells. Usually holds Dazzle, Calm, and all buffs.
8. Swap Slot for long recast spells depending on what im doing. This is the slot that usually holds spells like Bedlam, Gate, a second stun, mana tap, Boon of The Garou etc.

I never use AE mez. It does not give me the fine tuning of the situation that i desire.

The first pages of my spellbook hold all the spells i use the most often for quick and easy access for my swap slots.

As far as my hotkeys go I do not really use any macros. Several of my keys are just notifications (mob is tashed, slowed, mezzed, charmed etc.)

Another one of my keys has the /rt command which is an absolute Godsend. This allows you to target the last person who sent you a tell for buffing. And an assist key of course.

Any of my regular gear that i wear that has its own right click effect has its own hotkey.

I have my 8th bag slot not holding a bag, and instead it holds a shield of the immaculate for instant click global cooldown. Great because it works indoors and outdoors, doesnt take up a gear slot as it can be used from the inventory, and is instant cure disease, which you dont have to target a friendly to use.

It's also great to cure myself or my pet if I screw up. Higher chanters that have spent any time fighting shamans know that getting hit with a high level disease dot is pretty much game over. There is only two ways to get out of it. You can cure it if you can, or you have to drop your charm and then charm the NPC that hit you with the dot to remove it that way. I prefer just being able to cure it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The slot immediately to the left of the shield is a hotkey for my bag with all of my emergency items that i can swap with the shield quickly if needed. (Insta click dummy buffs, Jboots, WC Hat, CT gate potion, Puppet Strings, Soulfire etc.) This bag is usually always open in a corner of the screen closest to my hotbars to save time. I tend to die anyways because I tend to be stubborn and try to push through it when the shit hits the fan.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 06-30-2016 at 07:01 PM..
Old 06-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you fighting level 51+ mobs?

You don't want to be dealing with 2-4 mobs that summon and hit for 150+ and cast shit like ignite blood and ebolt and whatnot... then when your pet breaks charm and you get summoned you have to hope your stuns don't resist even once while you have to use boltrans to recharm cause you can't mez your dotted pet and.... etc.
No, not yet. I'm lvl 55, and I think the highest mob I've fought solo were 49ish. My setup has worked well for soloing/grouping in HS behind the 1st door, but I don't have any experience fighting mobs that summon. I'm sure my strategy will change when I do.
Last edited by fash; 06-30-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Old 06-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skottomania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recommend generally using enstill until you get fetter.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
getting hit with a high level disease dot is pretty much game over. There is only two ways to get out of it. You can cure it if you can, or you have to drop your charm and then charm the NPC that hit you with the dot to remove it that way.
What do you mean by the 2nd way? Charming an npc that dotted you doesn't cure the dot afaik.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean by the 2nd way? Charming an npc that dotted you doesn't cure the dot afaik.
Oh it does. A neat little trick. The pet is no longer considered a hostile entity that can damage you nor you it, so it wipes out any debuffs/dots it may have had on you. Has saved me more than once.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also

PvP

1) Tash (always)
2) recant magic/slant (swap)
What do you use slant for in pvp? for remezing broken charm?
Old 06-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you use slant for in pvp? for remezing broken charm?
if im attacking and have a charmed pet up ill keep slant memmed if it breaks or gets dispelled

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread