Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 01:51 AM
Aviak

Default Necro FD ??

How does breaking camps/spawns using FD work exactly?

I've tried some experimenting in LOIO (my necro's a lizard, level 20), and most of the time, I still get all of the pulls.

I've tried pulling with my lifetap or undead DD, pulling with a DoT/darkness, and pulling with my pet, also just straight up body pulling (usually an accident). I'll back up a bit, FD, then try sending in the pet/recasting on the mob I want as they wander back to the spot I pulled from...and for the most part, I'll simply re-aggro all the mobs again.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 06-18-2016, 04:13 AM
Aviak

Try pulling them further away from their spawn point.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

They ned to be sufficiently outside of the vicinity of any nearby social mobs they are allied with....

At your level outdoors, the easiest and probably most efficient way to split a camp like that is to fear the one mob you want to target, and the run a bit while your GC ends and immediately FD. keep your pet back so it doesn't get aggroed. and then when fear turns off, pop back up and grab the mob before it walks back into the camp.

if you are even considering FD pulling, though, you should make sure you have picked up harmshield, too. FD has something like a 10% failure rate. And that will be the only thing keeping you alive for a second cast in many instances.
Last edited by DMN; 06-18-2016 at 07:26 AM..
Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Since you're outdoors you should have plenty of room to maneuver. Park your pet to the side, so in case you get hit you have enough time to back the pet off so he won't get aggro and ruin the split. Pull with darkness, run away until the snared one is far enough away from the spawn point that it won't social aggro the others, then feign. When the unsnared one paths back, stand up and the dot will get the snared one back on you. When you get screaming terror and root, it will be easier to split in more confined spaces.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Many ways to do it... an easy one is:
- aggro mob you want to single
- spam root as they run to you
- as soon as they are close enough, root will be cast on yoUr target
- cast gobby ear or CoS to refresh spell timer and FD asap
- wait for adds to return to their spawn points.
- you can get up and kill your rooted mob who couldn't walk back
Old 06-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Here is how you single pull in a crowded space. Did this pulling dungeons with my SK back in the day. You cast darkness on the mob you want, let the group run out to you far enough so that the snared mob you want is out of the aggro range of the original positions, then you FD there. Lay until all the mobs go back to their original spots while the snared mob stands in place during the duration of the dot. Get up and on the next tick the mob you want will come for you and the rest will stay in their spots, if they made it back to them. Anything other than this process has always been iffy. This is how I would separate giants in Kael back in the day on live it is tried and true. I'm new to necromancer and only have one on p99, and with so many other tools available I can see why this one isn't used as much....frontal stun immunity and plate armor not being on necros and all that. If you're outside you have room to run around, also harmshield. I just learned about how to use ST + FD and it is amazing. I'm cruising up to 40 now doing mostly charming. Found this amazing spot full of undead that nobody goes to and is on no guide or leveling list anywhere.
Last edited by Skinned; 06-19-2016 at 09:34 AM..
Old 06-21-2016, 02:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is how you single pull in a crowded space. Did this pulling dungeons with my SK back in the day. You cast darkness on the mob you want, let the group run out to you far enough so that the snared mob you want is out of the aggro range of the original positions, then you FD there. Lay until all the mobs go back to their original spots while the snared mob stands in place during the duration of the dot. Get up and on the next tick the mob you want will come for you and the rest will stay in their spots, if they made it back to them. Anything other than this process has always been iffy. This is how I would separate giants in Kael back in the day on live it is tried and true. I'm new to necromancer and only have one on p99, and with so many other tools available I can see why this one isn't used as much....frontal stun immunity and plate armor not being on necros and all that. If you're outside you have room to run around, also harmshield. I just learned about how to use ST + FD and it is amazing. I'm cruising up to 40 now doing mostly charming. Found this amazing spot full of undead that nobody goes to and is on no guide or leveling list anywhere.

ST?

And thanks for the tips! I'll try it out!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:23 AM
Aviak

Screaming Touch ie necro mesmerize
Old 06-21-2016, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Screaming terror
Old 06-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

The problem with Darkness pulling is that you need quite some room between you and the mobs, to allow the snared mob to walk (slowly) away far enough from the adds' spawn points to be out of their assist range on the 2nd reaggro. It's a superior method since Darkness is fixed duration, but it's not always practical to do in tight areas.

The root method can be used in tight areas and is all about being able to refresh master spell timer with a clicky item really fast to cast FD after root. The drawback is that root is random duration and if it breaks before adds' aggro is reset, you may have to redo the whole procedure.
Closed Thread