Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Aviak

Default Jboots ?

So, as a pure INT caster, moving faster is something I'm always interested in, and it seems that getting me some Jboots is the best way to accomplish this. I don't want to always be forking over money for SoW pots much less deal with the hassle of actually finding somebody to make them at a time that's convenient for me. I mean, sometimes I wanna run fast, and I wanna run fast RIGHT NOW, ya know what I mean?

Any way, I can go out and quest myself some Jboots, but is there a reason that I wouldn't just go and buy myself a pair of Traveler's Boots instead? (aside from the "they cost a whole lotta money" thing?) Why don't I ever hear people talking about the Traveler's Boots? It's always "get you some Jboots, son!" I mean, it LOOKS like they do the exact same thing, right?

For reference:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Traveler%27s_Boots

http://wiki.project1999.com/Journeyman%27s_Boots
Old 06-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Aviak

1.5 second cast time on the Travelers.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 AM
Sarnak

What do they cost?
Old 06-23-2016, 06:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do they cost?
I think about the same as the bag that the merchant sells. Somewhere in the 5250pp neighborhood. I may be wrong though. I've never actually been to the merchant to check it out.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.5 second cast time on the Travelers.
Instant cast for jboots clearly wins against 1.5 second cast. Here is your reason for chosing Jboots instead of Travelers boots.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 06-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Most people use the instant cast on Jboots to refresh gem slots quickly for more rapid spell casting. It's also exceptionally useful if you're facing a mob that cancels magic and you want to toss up a fast buff to keep your other buffs safe, which also just happens to help you move faster in case you don't want to face down the mob being a problem. If your 1.5 second cast time runspeed buff gets stripped, that could leave you in a bit of a pickle.

Jboots can only be used outdoors though, the same as Traveler's. Many players will get a clickie item to refresh gems that can be used indoors as well, such as a shrunken goblin skull earring (2-2.5k) or a spyglass (50-75gp). The spyglass has the irritating feature of changing the screen's view and most players click the buff off, which is ghetto but works.

I could see someone argue that for the 7k price of Jboots, they could pick up Traveler's and a gobby earring for the same plat and have their free movement and indoor/outdoor clickie item covered, but tbh, for just 2k more you remove the cast time out of the question. I guess it comes down to how much you want a convenience from your gear.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

If you have a cynical perspective, the real advantage of Tboots of Jboots is you aren't paying someone 7k to cockblock you from getting your own jboots.

If you view MQ as paying for a time saving service, it's probably worth going with that one.
Closed Thread