Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 PM
Large Rat

Default Shaman iksar vs ogre

How big of a nerf is choosing iksar over ogres for solo and end game play? I absolutely hate ogre models and would rather play a iksar for personal preference, but I am unsure how bad of a choice that is.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:15 AM
Aviak

just play iksar then
Old 07-30-2016, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

The answer to "what race is best for _____ class" is always the race you think looks the coolest
Old 07-30-2016, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Solo: Front stun immunity for ogres is good and their high melee stats makes it easier starting out. On the other hand regen is good for canni and therefor rot rotting. The iksar AC bonus is nice to since it helps mitigate some damage and at end game you will always have more AC than a troll or ogre. Not that it helps much during raids but in groups and when you're farming stuff it is useful. As an iksar you won't have access to the JBB but its usefulness drastically diminishes as you go past 50. You epic is the real game changer.

End game, I rather be troll or iksar due to regen.

Bottom line, shaman is an amazing class you can't really go wrong with... Though I'm sure someone will throw a spreadsheet in my face explaining why JBB is 0.04% more effective at X mob and therefor I am a f***ing scrub shitter with autism.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:58 AM
Large Rat

That's what my thoughts were nixtar overlooking al the information I had seen. It's just my first character on p99 and I haven't even played eq in 4 years so trying to get a decent build for this log journey I rolled a iksar shaman last night I'm a whooping lv 4 now lol.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo: Front stun immunity for ogres is good and their high melee stats makes it easier starting out. On the other hand regen is good for canni and therefor rot rotting. The iksar AC bonus is nice to since it helps mitigate some damage and at end game you will always have more AC than a troll or ogre. Not that it helps much during raids but in groups and when you're farming stuff it is useful. As an iksar you won't have access to the JBB but its usefulness drastically diminishes as you go past 50. You epic is the real game changer.

End game, I rather be troll or iksar due to regen.

Bottom line, shaman is an amazing class you can't really go wrong with... Though I'm sure someone will throw a spreadsheet in my face explaining why JBB is 0.04% more effective at X mob and therefor I am a f***ing scrub shitter with autism.
LOL
Old 07-31-2016, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for just play whatever looks the best to you.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Always choose the race that you think looks coolest. You're going to be staring at your character for hundreds of hours and if you don't like how it looks, you won't have a good time.

Any stats or bonuses will become negligible at the high end.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:25 AM
Sarnak

Is this actually Colgate or some impostor troll? It is difficult to tell because of how annoying he is.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Banned

anyone going to go into detail here about why not being able to jbb down WW dragons means you suck
Closed Thread