Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would rather not have to be bridge also. but i'll do it. What can players do to help?
Troll less.
Be more helpful / less rude when a GM speaks to them. That makes me hostile.
Don't do underhanded shit.
Don't act entitled and needy.
offer to help with the server in a constructive manner such as submit your guide application or offer to develop. If you can't program or don't thinik i'd make you a guide (Lol you can think of a few that last one fits) then offer to research for the devs. you can always find nilbog's post on how to research, research and post info for the devs.

report bugs diligently.

lazortag (giegue) is one of the most avid bug reporters we have. he knows a lot about game mechanics. (I know a lot about the mechanics but i don't care to explain them in the detail he does)

Create less work for me. (Don't shit up irc and the forums which makes me expend energy and become angry )

these are the ways players can help.
we have two guides on red, I have a hard time believing there is such a drought of apps that no one else has been made a guide at this point to help out
Old 03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we have two guides on red, I have a hard time believing there is such a drought of apps that no one else has been made a guide at this point to help out
i submitted my favorite apps to rogean the other day. going to bring them up to he and nilbog again in a few days. problem is choosing people. some people i really like until i look at their post history/behavior and others i really like till i read their app.

But ATM waiting for nilbog to be in a position to read posts then going to submit my faves again and I'm hoping for 2-3 new guides. (I asked for 1 before. :X)
Old 03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i submitted my favorite apps to rogean the other day. going to bring them up to he and nilbog again in a few days. problem is choosing people. some people i really like until i look at their post history/behavior and others i really like till i read their app.

But ATM waiting for nilbog to be in a position to read posts then going to submit my faves again and I'm hoping for 2-3 new guides. (I asked for 1 before. :X)
Flame me or not but I think Wolfram would be a good guide if he had the time to do it.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Taking into account post history is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. People are capable of being vocal critics on the boards but yet following the "company line" as a guide. Many people have issues with their work, the way their bosses do things, etc., but yet do their job day in and day out. At least Sony was intelligent enough to realize that judging people based upon posts on a forum isn't a good way to choose guides, all it would accomplish is stifling conversation.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

I can see it being hard to find people seeing as how noone will have prior experience. Guides on live didnt handle CSR so they pretty much they have to pick someone they can trust. I was a guide on live and besides answering some basic questions/basic csr, we mostly did scripted quests and misc RP. Everything else was sent up to Senior Guide/GM. Hell there were even NPC in the GM Zone we weren't allowed to talk to (I never did so no idea why.) Trust over the internet is really a shot in the dark.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 03-25-2012 at 05:18 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking into account post history is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. People are capable of being vocal critics on the boards but yet following the "company line" as a guide. Many people have issues with their work, the way their bosses do things, etc., but yet do their job day in and day out. At least Sony was intelligent enough to realize that judging people based upon posts on a forum isn't a good way to choose guides, all it would accomplish is stifling conversation.
Those people do their jobs because they're getting paid. And companies are always looking for employees who have value congruence with their own - it makes for a better employee.

You're sorely mistaken if you think a volunteer who acts like an immature child on the forums won't let it get to them in game, especially once given a bit of power...
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those people do their jobs because they're getting paid. And companies are always looking for employees who have value congruence with their own - it makes for a better employee.

You're sorely mistaken if you think a volunteer who acts like an immature child on the forums won't let it get to them in game, especially once given a bit of power...
actually alot of people here are completely diff when you talk to them on ts/vent. forum just another branch of entertainment, not rl buddy.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually alot of people here are completely diff when you talk to them on ts/vent. forum just another branch of entertainment, not rl buddy.
I'm not your buddy, guy.

And they act like that on the forums because they're anonymous. You think the server staff wants someone who acts like that on the forums to be a server guide? Someone who should have some compassion and benevolence - ya know, the things that make customer service reps good at their jobs?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Banned

Wow, list got long.

Another question: Is there any consideration for hard coding guilds? Specifically, to make AE'ing viable.

Atm no enchanter AE stuns, AE nukes, etc are usable.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not your buddy, guy.

And they act like that on the forums because they're anonymous. You think the server staff wants someone who acts like that on the forums to be a server guide? Someone who should have some compassion and benevolence - ya know, the things that make customer service reps good at their jobs?
Dunno was Senior Guide on live back when we actually did petitions but was also a huge vocal critic of what was then Verant, and eventually Sony. Got paid nada. Somehow judging people based upon RNF seems retarded to me.