Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed. It's really just griefing other players by denying them dragons to kill.

That there's some value in that sort of "competition" is an impressive delusion. Not sure why the staff here enables it.

Then again it is classic.
http://lesswrong.com/lw/nu/taboo_your_words/

But it won't help. The few that (for some idiotic reason) get to force the many to play by their rules or not at all, have already drawn the conclusions they want. They won't look at any arguments against (no matter how good they are) and will continue to twist their own arguments for (no matter how stupid they are).
Old 04-05-2017, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The whole idea of "competing" needs to be deconstructed.
Your concept of competition is what needs to be deconstructed. Namely, there's nothing wrong with competition in general but you don't like *this* particular kind of competition.

So, curious - what kind of competition would be OK here? What kind would not simply be 'griefing' other players? Or do you advocate no player on player competition and just PvE?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your concept of competition is what needs to be deconstructed. Namely, there's nothing wrong with competition in general but you don't like *this* particular kind of competition.

So, curious - what kind of competition would be OK here? What kind would not simply be 'griefing' other players? Or do you advocate no player on player competition and just PvE?
8 teams want to play soccer on one field. 2 of 8 play on that field night and day, sometimes against each other, sometimes with each other, generally with each other when one of the other 6 teams decides they will try to play. All the while, the 2 ignore the rules of the game, they pick up and carry the ball, they knock other players down, they might even go so far as park a truck in front of their own goal. All goals the first 2 teams score counts as points against the other 6 teams. When the 6 teams remark about how they can't even play the game, let alone "win", the 2 chastise them for not "competing" at their level.

What kind of "competition" do you advocate?

Oh, and the ref says, "ref yourselves".
Last edited by Ravager; 04-05-2017 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's always have and have nots. I think the general consensus is to forgo trying to get every pixel norrath has to offer on a mob or two each week and rotate those around etc. I don't think anyone wants full rotations. But something similiar to what happened during awakeneds 2nd suspension.

You can never make everyone happy. It's all about a solid fair middle ground. I mean giving trak and vp rots are gone. That could be a good start something small but in the end really not gonna hurt the mouthbreathers in tov. Shrug idk. Lots of personalities and egos come into play so organizing anything of the sorts will take miracle.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Guilding as many long-term unemployed people as possible in order to engage targets at all hours isn't "competing" at anything except the special olympics.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's always have and have nots. I think the general consensus is to forgo trying to get every pixel norrath has to offer on a mob or two each week and rotate those around etc. I don't think anyone wants full rotations. But something similiar to what happened during awakeneds 2nd suspension.

You can never make everyone happy. It's all about a solid fair middle ground. I mean giving trak and vp rots are gone. That could be a good start something small but in the end really not gonna hurt the mouthbreathers in tov. Shrug idk. Lots of personalities and egos come into play so organizing anything of the sorts will take miracle.
The answer is instances or another server with it's own play rules, which is essentially an instance and very classic.

We would have seen the levels of retardation we have here on classic live if they only had one server for raiding.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8 teams want to play soccer on one field. 2 of 8 play on that field night and day, sometimes against each other, sometimes with each other, generally with each other when one of the other 6 teams decides they will try to play. All the while, the 2 ignore the rules of the game, they pick up and carry the ball, they knock other players down, they might even go so far as park a truck in front of their own goal. All goals the first 2 teams score counts as points against the other 6 teams. When the 6 teams remark about how they can't even play the game, let alone "win", the 2 chastise them for not "competing" at their level.

What kind of "competition" do you advocate?

Oh, and the ref says, "ref yourselves".
Find another soccer field.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The answer is instances or another server with it's own play rules, which is essentially an instance and very classic.

We would have seen the levels of retardation we have here on classic live if they only had one server for raiding.
True that.

Sirken already said don't let the door hit you on the way out. I don't care how the chips fall but it's just silly that this pixel mouthbreathing horde is still here Taunting people over kunark dragons when awakened you've wiped to more in the last month than we have all year with more than double our numbers (our 1 wipe to your 3 wipes LOL).

It's just the Zerg mentality that's native to non instanced EQ even as I poke at awakened i know it's just Years of butt hurt coming to fruition due to TMO.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Find another soccer field.
Point me to a classic soccer field where the players aren't able to play with robots or kill other players.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Point me to a classic soccer field where the players aren't able to play with robots or kill other players.
Oh man that probably would be the only way i'd be interested in watching soccer.