Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Sarnak

Default Debating on playing here, but no idea which class?

First off let me tell you my experiences w/ classes. I played all but the Mage on live back in the Kunark/Velious days.

1. Paladin - Hated it, bored the piss out of me.
2. Monk - Loved it, and LOVED duoing in places like Ill Omen w/ a Shammy. Just got old clicking 2 buttons over and over lol.
3. Rogue - Another melee class, but I REALLY liked my halfling Rogue. Was nice to be able to carry stuff, and was cool unlocking doors for people. DPS rocked too!
4. Mage - Played this on PEQ. I love, love, love it! I love the Utility that the Mage gives compared to other classes (does pet armor work on this server?), but am afraid I can't solo like I couldn't in PEQ. I had to get crafty to take down solo mobs, and would almost die on easy guys! They good DPS in the old days? Decent solo? Worth having around?

I kind of want to try something new, and have been thinking about a Wizzie. Again, can they solo stuff decent? My hours are often 1 hr here, 1 hr there, and that makes leveling difficult sometimes if you can't solo. I am not sure I'd like another melee character at all, and I'd LOVE the Wizzie ports I am sure. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks guys!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to solo - Mage/Necro/Druid/Wizard - Possibly Shaman/SK
Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Mages are a dime a dozen and excellent solo'ers. I've solo'ed mine from level 16-30 so far. High end wizzies/shaman are a little shy here, so that would be a plus.

It obviously boils down to what you enjoy the most. If you make a character based off of stats and biases you'll resent it when you're higher level and re-roll anyway.

Good luck!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

I like DPS, but I like the utility I got w/ the Mage. Summoning my own food? Hells yes! 10-slot bags? Hells yes! Specially once Kunark hits, and I get Gift of Xev haha. Just trying to decide if I want to play an old favorite or a completely new class.

Wizzies still #1 DPS is classic? I know once you hit Luclin they rape the world w/ all the AA's.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:30 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJammzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First off let me tell you my experiences w/ classes. I played all but the Mage on live back in the Kunark/Velious days.

1. Paladin - Hated it, bored the piss out of me.
2. Monk - Loved it, and LOVED duoing in places like Ill Omen w/ a Shammy. Just got old clicking 2 buttons over and over lol.
3. Rogue - Another melee class, but I REALLY liked my halfling Rogue. Was nice to be able to carry stuff, and was cool unlocking doors for people. DPS rocked too!
4. Mage - Played this on PEQ. I love, love, love it! I love the Utility that the Mage gives compared to other classes (does pet armor work on this server?), but am afraid I can't solo like I couldn't in PEQ. I had to get crafty to take down solo mobs, and would almost die on easy guys! They good DPS in the old days? Decent solo? Worth having around?

I kind of want to try something new, and have been thinking about a Wizzie. Again, can they solo stuff decent? My hours are often 1 hr here, 1 hr there, and that makes leveling difficult sometimes if you can't solo. I am not sure I'd like another melee character at all, and I'd LOVE the Wizzie ports I am sure. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks guys!

Mages have no utility in classic. Sorry 8(
Old 02-17-2010, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

They don't have all their nice summoning stuff? I know they get it in Kunark a little bit. Don't I get pet armor, lev/enduring breath items to summon at lower levels? A list of spells for this server would be nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

(I'm really not trying to be an ass..)

..but it sounds like you need to look up some spell lists and jog your memory. Classic is missing a lot of that utility. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No pet armor and effect items, just weapons, bio, wisp, and enduring breath items iirc.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Play whatever. Worst case scenario is you realize you hate it and can re-roll something else. It's not like once you pick a character it's set in stone.

Edit: also, mages are boring. <3
Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

haha. I never played pre-Kunark. I am only 24, and I got EQ when I got my first computer. Kunark had JUST came out.

Maybe I'll try a Wiz then...always loved big booms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Anyone have a spell list that's project99 appropriate?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Aviak

Spell list is in the resources sticky.
Closed Thread