Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

You can google it...I'll see what I can find on my cellphone with horrible edge. I am at 1.2kb/sec now lol. There are several comments by people claiming you need to be over skill 200 to do it. I'll find it again...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
These are very useful for pre-50 rogues.
Posted: Aug 28th 2002 12:55am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Tomlin the Stupendous
Scholar
308 posts
Score: Good
Rogues can cap their pick lock skill at 200, once they hit level 39. The skill won't go up again until after level 50, and quite a few high level zones have locked doors that require more than 200 pick lock skill to open. However, if you use some mechanical lockpicks, your skill gets that vital boost to 204, which is enough to pick locks in Karnor's Castle, Sebilis, Charasis, and even the door in the Freeport bank. These mechanical lockpicks are a great item for rogues to get, if they plan to do some skull-duggery in these high level zones before they get into their 50s... pre-50 rogue survivability in these zones is another matter. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This suggests that NFP bank requires >200 skill.

Quote:
RE: Mod Stacking
Posted: Mar 25th 2003 9:38am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
GaelStormracer the Puissant
Scholar
User's Journal
579 posts
Score: Decent
But I would guess that Lockpicking could provide the best test of this - use a set of mechanical lockpicks (+2%) and Forthal's gauntlets (sp?) (2%) and try and pick the North Freeport bank door at 193 skill. 193*1.04 = 200.72; 193*1.02 = 196.86 so if they stack, the Rogue should be able to open the door at skill 193; if not (eg if highest modifier works), only at skill 197 (200/1.02=196.07).
This shows that at least 200 skill is required to pick the door. It could be 200, but I know I found one that specified that it had to be OVER 200, so 201.

Quote:
A quick guide to picking locks
Posted: Apr 29th 2002 9:57am | IP: Logged | Reply to this
iteck
Sage
164 posts
Score: Excellent
Having just maxed my skill out to 200 here is my findings:
1. The ability button Pick Lock does nothing.
2. To pick a door you need to be holding you lock-picks in your mouse cursor and then you left-click or press 'U'; over the door you want to pick.
3. At lvl 6 you need to put 5 practice points in the skill as the first door in Befallen needs a skill of 11 to be picked.
4. Providing your skill is high enough to pick a door, i.e. 11 for the first door in Befallen, you will NEVER fail.
5. Providing your skill is high enough to pick a door, i.e. 11 for the first door in Befallen, you will have a chance of getting a skill increase.
6. You can practice your skill from 11 to 210 on the first door in Befallen (you can use any door to practice once you have a high enough skill to open it).
7. The skill cap for pick lock is the standard 5 * lvl + 5 with a cap of 200 below lvl 50 and 210 above lvl 50. (This means that your skill will cap out at 200 at lvl 39).
8. You can not open lock chests, boxes, etc. using this skill, just doors.

There seems to be no quick way to raising this skill, just find a door and click. It has just taken me over 2 hours to get from a skill of 175 to a skill of 200, so I would suggest Frank Herbert's DUNE as a good playing companion while practising this skill.

To open the door in EFP for the Burning Rapier Quest it is reported that you need a skill of 122 (lvl 24) and to open the door in the bank at NFP you need a skill of 201 (lvl 50+). You can use a set of mechanical lock-picks that gave you a +2% modifier to lock-picking giving you a skill of 204 at lvl 39, which allows you to open the bank in NFP and I imagine almost all the other doors in the game (it might let you open the EFP door at lvl 23).

You can not open the door on the 2nd floor in Highpass Keep or the door in the Freeport Militia building in West Freeport using this skill.
This is from: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/s...6735933&page=1 . Notice that is shows that the door for the burning rapier quest is 122. Might also want to check this one while you're in there?

Quote:
OK, little tid-bit of info here. I found that with only 200 skill in LockPick, I can pick this lock and get into see him ONLY with the Mechanized Lockpicks made by a Gnome Tinkerer friend of mine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Regular Lock Picks WILL NOT work for skill 200. Might be able to do it at lower lvls, just never tired, cause I used the regular lockpicks so much. Just happen to get my friend to make a pair and have them on me one day and said what the heck and about knocked me on the floor when it opened [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is from http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=1024 . It shows that a skill of 200 is not sufficient to pick the NFP door lock.

Quote:
Lock Pick
Posted: Sep 18th 2001 7:13pm | IP: Logged | Reply to this
Anonymous
User's Journal
Anonymous Score: Default
You have to pick the lock to get in the room. It is a 201 skill door, so there has to be some reason for this guy to be behind there.
This is from the same Sir Drolfis page on Alla.

Is this sufficient information to get this changed to skill 201? Also the door for the Burning Rapier quest looks like it needs to be at 122. I have no way to confirm this other than it worked at 150. Here is the location, and details from Alla:

Quote:
1. Go to the slums of East Freeport and enter a building called Hallar's Resale. Go to the basement to approximately -90, -465, where you'll find a locked door. The lock can be picked easily at a skill of 130 or higher. Loot the Gem Case, which is a ground spawn that looks like a little bag. It is not a container, so it can be placed in a backpack.
Notice it says 130 on Alla, but then the other person says 122. If it's already in the database as one or the other I guess it doesn't matter, but it should be one of those. The location of said door is listed above.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

I for one think that this is plenty of information.

Very nice job.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

Thanks Nilbog, you rock!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome, thank you for providing that info. I was hoping to find a list of every locked door in Norrath and it's lock pick requirement.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

It's scattered. I have yet to find a definitive list just these couple I have came across. Feel free to scour the internet, and help make a list. Post in this thread, and we can see if we can make sure all the locked doors are what they should be.

From what Nilbog says with the zone/location of the door it is insanely simple to check. I am sure if we can get a solid list he would scan the code, and make sure they are what they are supposed to be.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJammzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what Nilbog says with the zone/location of the door it is insanely simple to check.
Insanely simple.

Code:
SELECT
doors.zone,
doors.pos_y,
doors.pos_x,
doors.pos_z,
doors.id,
doors.doorid,
doors.lockpick
FROM
doors
WHERE
doors.lockpick >  '0'
Here are all the doors where lockpick > 0. Let me know what needs changing. Not many on the list.. could be missing some?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Should be one or two in Chardok. I remembering being the only rogue in my guild who had lock pick high enough and had to CR the entire raid. I believe the skill requires was like 210 or something.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I believe you need a higher pick locks skill for the Princes room...But 200 is sufficient to open the door to Overking and Queen room.
Quote:
200 is good enough to get into the library, but I wasn't able to pick the lock on the door leading into the royal chambers.
Quote:
Royal Chambers is 200 skill
So just skill up and get mechanized lock picks +3%.
Quote:
Yes, there are two 201+ locks that need to be picked on the way to the king. The first is in the hall leading to the library. The second is in the library, on the bottom floor. So yes, you'll need a backstabber.
from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=78

No solid numbers for Prince room that I saw.
Closed Thread