Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poisons are one of those things that they SHOULD fix for this project, but they are probably not going to. Outside of duels, it's an utterly useless skill at this point as each poison can cost quite a bit for very little effect over time.
yea customize stuff that wasnt in classic thats not classic makes sense

if you do this you might as well open up everything...

like all the post kunark spells.. since it will "help us now" stuff will trivialize content yes even pueny rogue poisions

i vote no
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i vote no
Of course you do! Its every casters job to keep melee in their place, bastards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

I don't care about stacking as much as having poison do more than an initial proc that can fail. At some point they made poisons buffs which would add a proc to your weapon (instead of a 1 shot per poison thing), but I have a sinking feeling that it was post velious.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

It was pop, and still not that good.

75dd proc would be great now but theyd have to scale it to classic making it useless like the rest of poisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Kobold

Poisons were one of the skills that I never quite understood what the developers were thinking. Especially with the high cost of a few of the poisons that were remotely useful from day to day. If I imagine a poisoned dagger in my mind, stabbing someone with it wouldn't negate the poison's effect for a second attack, especially if you were using a particularly nasty poison.

I realize that the classic experience was harder, much harder and that is one of the draws for me. When I accomplish something, it really feels like I have done something because it took effort on my part. But classic poisons are something that just didn't make sense. IMO, this should be changed to the charge system.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Sarnak

So far it's been pretty spendy to level up, but it's coming along. Also for some reason the animal-based DD doesn't work on wolfs. I'm going to have to try this again lol.

Ya. The only use for it is if you are in a raid or taking on a hard boss mob that is a nasty melee or something. Soloing it would be good too, but ya it's largely useless.

I do have another question though. Make poison skills goes to 250...does this count as your 1 main tradeskill you can get to 200+? Or since it's a class-specific tradeskill does it not matter? Meaning I could be 250 in tailoring, and 250 in make poison? or just 250 in make poison?

Also, when does it lock you into your main tradeskill? The first one to hit 201?
Closed Thread