Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Like we talked about then, the problem with trying to police where the FTE'ers are logging into is that it adds an extra layer of potential issues and policing needs to the equation. I thought we compromised with limiting it to

2. We agreed to 2, pending you guys getting a second ranger in there. If that didn't happen then we are fine going with the one if that's what we need to do to make it work.

1. Camping players out at doors will only make it a race to see who's computer is faster, not really the point of this test. If we are camping at doors, then #3 is pointless. By not passing first bridge, this gives all dragons equal opportunities. Rather than policing how many people are at each door, there is only 1 spot that needs to be watched. Since you are the larger guild, you could easily just camp 2 pullers at each dragon door and only log in certain ones for that dragon when multiple are in window. IB does not have that luxury, especially since our numbers are low 20's now in VP. We will agree to zone in bridge camping, otherwise it won't be worth wasting our time.

2. 1 ranger is what you initially proposed, I mentioned 2 if we could get a second, but we only have 1.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Like we talked about then, the problem with trying to police where the FTE'ers are logging into is that it adds an extra layer of potential issues and policing needs to the equation. I thought we compromised with limiting it to 2 FTE'ers logging into any one spawn point. Anymore then that and we can both agree ahead of time to forfeit the mob on spawn.
Once you get on the same page, get back to us. As of now you can forget it until you agree in public to the terms you already proposed.

Quote:
05-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Unbrella: Let's ranger track this round of VP instead of Jav Spamming. We've talked about it before and seemed to be in agreement that it would be best for all parties. max of 2 ranger trackers and all pullers start at the zone in and race. Easy enough.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get on the same page, get back to us. As of now you can forget it until you agree in public to the terms you already proposed.
We are on the same page. You are putting up a quote that was made a week before i even put up this thread, and after further speculative discussion was had on the matter.

Nice try though (which is also why we latter decided to try going straight through Hoku in our attempt to do away with the autofiring, btw).
Old 06-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1: No pullers camp past entrance bridge, Ranger trackers will be frapsing
2: No more than 1 ranger in zone
3: Anyone in zone when the dragon spawns will not be allowed to FTE, or assist
4: Forfeit the current spawned dragon if the rules are broken

IB Signing to these rules.

Please quote and sign if you would like to do the test, starting from 6/19 until 6/30 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to revisit this thread, specifically to seek commentary by Inglourious Basterds' thoughts on the matter.

Hokushin, I know you and I both agreed on this matter in the past and would like us to reconsider it's mutual benefit to both Class-C guilds and to Class-R.
Quote:
05-23-2014, 06:09 PM

Unbrella: Let's ranger track this round of VP instead of Jav Spamming. We've talked about it before and seemed to be in agreement that it would be best for all parties. max of 2 ranger trackers and all pullers start at the zone in and race. Easy enough.
Quote:
We are on the same page. You are putting up a quote that was made a week before i even put up this thread, and after further speculative discussion was had on the matter.

Nice try though (which is also why we latter decided to try going straight through Hoku in our attempt to do away with the autofiring, btw).
Old 06-18-2014, 12:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokushin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Camping players out at doors will only make it a race to see who's computer is faster, not really the point of this test. If we are camping at doors, then #3 is pointless. By not passing first bridge, this gives all dragons equal opportunities. Rather than policing how many people are at each door, there is only 1 spot that needs to be watched.
Again, the problem with not simply camping at the door is that we don't want to turn it into a constant petition quest over every little issue that will undoubtfully arise in a mad dash up that sees multiple mobs getting trained around. Plus it enters the need to both position and run yet another full time fraps guy.

Quote:
Since you are the larger guild, you could easily just camp 2 pullers at each dragon door and only log in certain ones for that dragon when multiple are in window. IB does not have that luxury, especially since our numbers are low 20's now in VP. We will agree to zone in bridge camping, otherwise it won't be worth wasting our time.
While i understand your surface concern on this, how is that any different then what we are doing now, and would be doing in the event you called off this deal?

Well, other then the fact nobody is going to be autofiring FTEs anymore. That shouldn't be a hangup here.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Kobold

*sigh*

Again, that's an old quote Getsome. Unbrella and you throwing around ideas in general theory on the need to get rid of spam clicking in VP wasn't what you are trying to portray it as here. Further debate, official posts, and conversations were had after-the-fact.

In fact, other then the attempt to pull a VP rotation for yourself out of this, you've already made it pretty clear that the road to getting rid of the spam clicking/autofire wasn't going to go through you.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

The quote is from a conversation between Unbrella and Hokushin.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe we should hold off until my petition on auto-firing and IP expemtion abuses is answered before we go any further with this?

Quote:
*sigh*

Again, that's an old quote Getsome. Unbrella and you throwing around ideas in general theory on the need to get rid of spam clicking in VP wasn't what you are trying to portray it as here. Further debate, official posts, and conversations were had after-the-fact.
That's between me and Hokushin. TMO leadership doesn't communicate through Getsome.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quote is from a conversation between Unbrella and Hokushin.
Ok that makes more sense to me then, although my point on it being a dated conversations still stands.

It really shouldn't have to come down to Unbrella's suggestion that we hold off here. There is zero reason our guilds can't come to an immediate compromise that moves the autofire issue forward, even if it's a simple agreement that we do everything we are doing now anyway except allowing the trackers (whether it be rangers or face trackers) and anybody in the zone to get/secure FTE.

Trying to use autofire use as some sort of negotiating chip is beyond retarded though, so round and round we go i guess.
Closed Thread