Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Shaman root rotting spots

So I got my epic a couple days ago, yay! Been slowtanking while JBBing my way up until this point, so root rotting is rather new to me.

Last night I tried root rotting 4 at a time, using only epic for damage, but had a hard time finding good spots for it. Tried CoM second floor, but root times were inconsistent at best. I'm level 53, so I guess it will be better in a couple of levels. So far Kelethin guards seems like good pp, but around 30% are green now.

Any suggestions for good spots for this at 53+?

Bonus question: Rotting singles using epic + poison or disease dot, is that very inefficient compared to rotting four at a time using only epic for damage?
Old 10-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

It's the same problem for a lot of people at 53. All the old world stuff tends to green out and you have to hit Kunark (or Velious if you're not in a rush).

2nd floor CoM or the moat area if its quiet are good spots. Usually some shammies doing their thing in KC near the zone out or around the moat...also worth a look, or going up on the ramparts above LCY/RCY.

Lower Guk in places?

Not been in Chardok since the revamp, anyone know if that's worth a look now for soloists?
Old 10-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Aviak

You need to root, Malo, then re-root in order for root to be consistent.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Skeleton

CoM from 52-56 was insane exp w/ epic. You just gotta find the flow. Id recommend giving it another shot. Just take it slow until you get comfortable to take on 4.

Or go to OOT and piss off the necros, decent exp and money if you can deal with highly contested mobs.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Malisement + Enstill
Old 10-04-2016, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for the suggestions guys, maybe I need to hit CoM again. It is a little pain being a troll tho as i need a shrink pot or wolf form to levi up there.
Was planning to try sol b last night, but as i entered i got into a freeti group so didnt get a chance to try bnb.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:16 AM
Kobold

Giant fort in burning woods, half the time I'd root rot (malo, root, spear click, etc) half the time I'd duo with a necro (phenomenal synergy) made it to 56 easily there, got paralyzing earth (no more need for malo), Level 3 CoM till 58, then HS to 60.

Tried bear pits but usually was too crowded with druids.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

Awesome, will try BW fort as well. Takes some getting used to this root rotting.
How do you deal with adds btw? That usually messes up re-rooting and re-dotting for me. IE: have three rooted and dotted. Get an add and start rooting/dotting and the root on the next in line breaks, messing up everything. Guess this is just something i have to get better at. Do you just root the add and dot it the next time you have some slack?
Old 10-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Kobold

Yeah if I have 3 with the re-dot/root cycle about to start and a 4th one comes in I'll park it and add it to the end of the cycle.

It gets way better at 56 when your root spell lasts 2 full epic clicks with a few seconds of wiggle room.

The real fun to look forward to is breaking rooms in HS that have 3 or 4 skeletons that HT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Banned

best spot to go from 57-60 for a shaman is Efreeti trash. IMO
Closed Thread