Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Orc

Default Real PVP doesn't happen here

Moving to R&F so people can't complain, to the two of you who pm'd me saying to post in a Tera forum there were three times that many asking for my buddy pass. Also please note I am not trying to pull people away from p99, just trying to help those who actually want to pvp.

A few were asking for guild vs guild info, it's a feature only available on player versus player servers so you will also have to tolerate the grief players - Coming from Everquest I expect that to be a non factor but I have been proven wrong over the past few months of what a PVP server is actually about to some players here.

For those of you who showed interest, instead of sending a dozen private messages it's easier to just post this, this is Rants and Flames and this is me ranting and flaming about how no one engages in pvp here. In other words I don't give a fuck if you like me posting Tera shit here, go die in a fire. Thanks.

This is a clip from a guild that I am not familiar with but this just gives an idea of what guild battles are like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CnHrUi70Dpg

Graphics are a lame cross between My Little Pony and some Anime but most of you played WOW at some point and if you could tolerate their character models then this shouldn't even phase you. The game mechanics are absolutely amazing though, truly the most fun I have had playing an MMO since Rallos/Sullon. Gone are the days of hitting an assist macro and pressing a hot key, you literally aim every ability in this game and there is no auto attack.

An example of game mechanics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDBRf...6&feature=plcp
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

you realize all the fun stuff will not make it out of beta. they will cater to carebears i assure you.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

not bashing i mean the aiming thing sounds cool but the little ive looked up doesnt have me convinced. channels is fail. as in safe zones such as towns. the flagging is wack for outlaw. cant remember w/e else i read atm.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

*as are safe zones, fuck rnf and no editing
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Orc

Someone bitched at me for posting about it in server section so I moved to R&F. The channel system sounds terrible, I was against it at first but it has it's advantages for both sides, you just have learn how to utilize them. It's easy to keep people in combat so they cant channel hop away from you but as you start drawing crowds you can use the channel system to come up behind the zerg and pick off people who were in the back such as healers. Or if the numbers are completely retarded as I have seen many times you can move to another channel and kill people in that channel until channel 1 clears out.

One night we cleared channel 1, moved to channel 2 cleared it out and went down the list. When we moved back to channel 1 we just did it again.

All out law does is make it so you can attack and be attacked by anyone, your name goes red so you have a target on your back which does result in people forming groups to kill the evil pkers but that just adds to the fun of it all, to me at least.

As to safe zones, yes it is irritating only because if your fighting on the edge of a city you can have a healer inside immune healing but again that works both ways.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Confirmed Sam spent 2 minutes reading about the game. What exactly is wack about outlaw flagging again? And you realize the game's beta is over, all of these things that are fun are going live. In fact, GM even confirmed that training is A-OK according to them as if people don't like it, they can try to kill and stop me.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
Kobold

That game looks like a a fiive year old girl made it.

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Kobold

Combat looks like ejaculating paint all over the screen.

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, half the models are really nice, then the other half are strange sailormoon anime. Its almost like two totally different artists designed it.

I for one love my high elf chick.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ps, the combat is fucking awesome. Nothing really compares to it to date that also offers pvp.