Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

I think a few people hit the nail on the head here when they said the end-game cluster is what demotivated many people from continuing. However it is not the staff or game mechanic's fault, it is the player's fault. I was/am always so astounded how childish the top 1% acts around here.

Unfortunately, it is those type of people who ruined the experience for everybody. In a free environment like this there is only so much policing you can do, and I give the staff props for doing as much as they have done.

I believe the other big factor is the loss of critical staff. Again, that could be attributed to the foul-mouth people who are just here to rock the boat. I believe the RnF forum has always been a disease to the forums, and when that filth began to spill out into other areas of the game, that is the cue I took to leave.

To bring people back to P99, I think it needs an image makeover. We need to delete the RnF forum, ban it's top contributors, and be much more strict about keeping the boards clean and friendly. If it is the brats who ruined the server, then we should start by being even more intolerant to this kind of behavior (this forum is, after-all, the gateway to the game). It's obvious many people, and staff, have left due to the drama and BS caused by ignorant people.

I am a little stumped on the end-game mechanics issues, as I have only ever really seen it from the outside looking in. However going back to my original point, if the right players are playing with the right attitudes, then the drama issues should just take care of its self. Of course I know we are talking about the internet, but I guess we can keep dreaming.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Project Manager

Regarding the end game pve raiding scene:

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Large Bat

I always enjoy reading about how people would implement Social Utopias if they were the ones in charge.

Our president has been explaining this to all us rubes for three years and is having major success. You guys should totally ask him for advice. Its easy really.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fix raid scene, hear me roar!
Can't wait!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have a pending proposal for all management and staff to review. If all goes well, you will have news about it soon. Ultimately I would like to have a raid scene in which competition still exists, but that competition isn't solely based on time spent waiting.
This is great news! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmly Fireforge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The weapon-skill bug in-game makes it extremely frustrating for new players to level or ever have the desire to log in. Getting a weapon skill-up is like striking the lotto at the low end. It seems to get normal/faster at the mid-high range, but getting that 2HB, 1HB, 2HS skills 30-40 points under what it's supposed to be despite the fact that it's the only weapon you use makes you want to unplug.

Sadly, this issue was quickly fixed by Kanras after I reported it in the Bug forum but Rogean is taking his sweet time with patching it in-game. There hasn't been a patch in 2 months now.

I am sure dozens of other players quit for this same reason as me.
THIS!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Can't progress new melee characters on the server... apply the patch to help this! pleasenthankyou
Old 06-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a few people hit the nail on the head here when they said the end-game cluster is what demotivated many people from continuing. However it is not the staff or game mechanic's fault, it is the player's fault. I was/am always so astounded how childish the top 1% acts around here.

Unfortunately, it is those type of people who ruined the experience for everybody. In a free environment like this there is only so much policing you can do, and I give the staff props for doing as much as they have done.

I believe the other big factor is the loss of critical staff. Again, that could be attributed to the foul-mouth people who are just here to rock the boat. I believe the RnF forum has always been a disease to the forums, and when that filth began to spill out into other areas of the game, that is the cue I took to leave.

To bring people back to P99, I think it needs an image makeover. We need to delete the RnF forum, ban it's top contributors, and be much more strict about keeping the boards clean and friendly. If it is the brats who ruined the server, then we should start by being even more intolerant to this kind of behavior (this forum is, after-all, the gateway to the game). It's obvious many people, and staff, have left due to the drama and BS caused by ignorant people.

I am a little stumped on the end-game mechanics issues, as I have only ever really seen it from the outside looking in. However going back to my original point, if the right players are playing with the right attitudes, then the drama issues should just take care of its self. Of course I know we are talking about the internet, but I guess we can keep dreaming.
If the server pop is 300 on average and tmo has roughly 70 to 80 active players. That's the top 25% just saying. Even if there was 1k players and tmo had some members come back...aka velious we would be the top 10% this isn't economic disparity in the us where the 99% vs the 1% applies, even if its a catchy phrase
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Allow two boxing. You'll double the server population instantly.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Greats news! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Closed Thread