Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Large Rat

Default Ranger looking for Duo partner.

Like the title states I'm looking for a duo partner as my solo downtime is a bit much. My ranger is fairly geared for it being my first toon on P99. He is currently level 30 and can easily tank/solo anything in my level range.

I'm looking for a druid, shaman, cleric, enchanter to duo with weekday evenings around 7pm cst, and weekends pretty much any time. Don't be afraid of my hybrid exp penalty and let's do this shiz!

Contact Katsumoto in game, or reply here or PM me.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Large Bat

Hi Flowcus,

I know you did not specifically ask to team up with a paladin, but I though I would ask you to consider my 28th lvl paladin (decently geared) as an option. I have an high level enchanter that can buff you then I would log on to my paladin for some duo xp. My game time would be from 6pm ish to 9pm ish CST on weekdays and anytime on weekdays.

Let me know if you're interested. Look for either Jillena, my port jockey, Hexor, my freshly minted necro, or Falgur my paladin.
Last edited by Green_Moe; 12-18-2014 at 12:12 AM..
Old 12-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Large Rat

Sorry but not looking to Duo with a paladin... The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Large Bat

No problem....best of luck to ya'
Old 12-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowcus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but not looking to Duo with a paladin... The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want people to ignore your penalty but you won't ignore others? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowcus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The experience penalty from both of us would be too much, and I was hoping for someone with bigger heals or buffs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The experience penalty for solo'ing slow as shit in a game designed to block solo gameplay as a hardcore mmo is a lot more significant than any noticeable XP penalty form any class/race combo.

Shut up and group.

Where do people get this shit? *smfh*[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you want people to ignore your penalty but you won't ignore others? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like karma is reserved for this fellow. Don't be upset when you're level 50+ and people avoid you like the plague.

Quote:
You do realize a Cleric 2 levels higher than you would technically hurt your exp as much as an equal level Paladin?

I suggest getting used to duoing with whatever you possibly can, as that is how you will spend a large portion of your life. I have figured out how to duo with damn near every class on my Ranger when needed, and by discriminating against a Paladin for his penalty, don't be shocked when a Shaman says "Nah Ranger, I don't want your penalty and I solo fine, or i'll look for a Monk, who DPS better, tank better, and can pull better indoors where there are better ZEM's"

How someone can be a min/maxer and play a Ranger is beyond me.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 12-20-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Old 12-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like karma is reserved for this fellow. Don't be upset when you're level 50+ and people avoid you like the plague.

You do realize a Cleric 2 levels higher than you would technically hurt your exp as much as an equal level Paladin?

I suggest getting used to duoing with whatever you possibly can, as that is how you will spend a large portion of your life. I have figured out how to duo with damn near every class on my Ranger when needed, and by discriminating against a Paladin for his penalty, don't be shocked when a Shaman says "Nah Ranger, I don't want your penalty and I solo fine, or i'll look for a Monk, who DPS better, tank better, and can pull better indoors where there are better ZEM's"

How someone can be a min/maxer and play a Ranger is beyond me.
Good Post.

As a Ranger on here you are going to have to kiss anyone's ass to get a group. Threw the Paladin under the Bus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He actually would have been a good partner.

I would bet some good plat this guy is not going to last very long as a Ranger on here just like about 3,000 people before him. Even mine has been on hold for years waiting for Velious. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers can't be choosers.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Fail thread has failed
Closed Thread