Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Default A simple question

I would like to ask a question here and I would like to have some honest answers from the GMs on this server as well as the community.

Do you believe people should be punished for their hard work?

Think about this. This rotation crap that has been posted has eliminated the hard work that members of IB have done since the server started. It is a punishment for being able to come together and get to the highest content the server has available first.

So I as well as others in our guild have busted our butts to be the top of the server only to have it literally TAXED and given to others who are not able to do what we are doing?

Transcendence was one of the first guilds on this server. They had EVERY opportunity to be the top guild. So because they fell behind there is going to be a forced rotation by our GMs which REWARDS them for falling behind.

So what now everyone? We wait for every guild to become raid ready and establish a rotation? Pretty soon it will not just be IB and Transcendence competing but more guilds. So what happens next everyone? 4 guilds get put on rotation? That will be exciting! You will be able to kill Nagafen once a month! Maybe every 2 months if 8 guilds get put on rotation.

Put yourself in our shoes. Imagine you have put in hard work on your character and are one of the first level 50s. Then imagine that you worked well with others to make a guild that assembles fast and is dedicated to the same goals as you are.

Now imagine all that hard work is just given away to others in the principle of "fairness."

Wenai, you're posts are flawed on a fundamental basis. When rewards of hard work are given out to those who work less, those who work less have EVERYTHING to GAIN by this rotation crap and those who work hard have EVERYTHING to LOSE.

You have nullified my hard work that I have put into this server and basically allowed others who started later and leveled up later to be on EQUAL footing as me. That is unfair and totally UNCLASSIC.

You do not understand the simple logic that it is possible for ANYONE on this server to compete just as hard at IB for their reward. You have basically told Transcendence that it is ok to NOT work as hard as you can, to NOT assemble yourselves and work together as a guild because you will reward them on the principal of fairness. All they have to do is plot along doing their subpar work and get the same reward.

Have fun with all this rotation people because it's going to screw us ALL in the long run. Or, you guys can sit down and look at yourselves and figure out how to be better to compete with us.

May the best guild win is what I say and in the event that IB should fall behind because others are working harder, then you should be congratulated.

So again, should those who work hard be punished?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Congrats on your ability to play longer and level faster!

That does not entitle you to anything. You are having to share and it has really pissed off IB. How dare ANYONE else want to do raid content! Its our server we got to level 50 first!

If you guys are so hardcore then why are you doing this on a Emu and not on live?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Aviak

Thanks for dodging my question.

So in your mind effort means nothing. Everything must be shared no matter how long you have put into something.

I can understand this line of reasoning because it allows those who do not want to put as much effort into something to get something. It's actually a beautiful tactic of Transcendence because it allows them to get a piece of the pie.

What sucks is that our GMs are giving in to that tactic all in the name of server population.

But what is even better is this line and it sums it all up from you Supreme. If I am able to play longer and level faster, it does not entitle me anything. So a player who starts next month should be put on equal footing as you even though you started later. That's great thinking. Can't wait until we are on rotation with 4 or more guilds. We'll see how you like that.

And Gildiss, no keyboards were harmed in the typing up of this message. I don't expect you to understand as you are in the position to gain here. Of course you like this. Throw out principles for phat lewts.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Skeleton

I wonder just how many keyboards were obliterated in IB's nerd rage today.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Large Bat

I was just thinking about how the "Forced Rotation Isn't Classic" thread didn't quite get enough responses and thus we needed another thread about how sad people are about all their "hard work" going to waste.

Hard work in a video game isn't real. Sorry to break it to you. You play this game because you enjoy it, I hope. I know you feel your rights were stomped upon by allowing others to access the content you had, but again, it's a game, allow others to have some fun too, ok?

For the record, I don't really care if we go to a rotation, or we have to fight for every boss. I played on a PvP server, so it's all good to me. But what I do know is creating another thread does NOTHING to solve the problem. And using the word "work" 17 times in a post about a game you enjoy is a bit over the top (and dramatic).

Seriously though, you sat here and typed that whole post and thought there was some original thought in it and everything. That’s my honest answer. If you don't like it I wouldn't ask for it.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupesTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just thinking about how the "Forced Rotation Isn't Classic" thread didn't quite get enough responses and thus we needed another thread about how sad people are about all their "hard work" going to waste.

Hard work in a video game isn't real. Sorry to break it to you. You play this game because you enjoy it, I hope. I know you feel your rights were stomped upon by allowing others to access the content you had, but again, it's a game, allow others to have some fun too, ok?

For the record, I don't really care if we go to a rotation, or we have to fight for every boss. I played on a PvP server, so it's all good to me. But what I do know is creating another thread does NOTHING to solve the problem. And using the word "work" 17 times in a post about a game you enjoy is a bit over the top (and dramatic).

Seriously though, you sat here and typed that whole post and thought there was some original thought in it and everything. That’s my honest answer. If you don't like it I wouldn't ask for it.
Thank you for your post. I do not care if there is one or twenty or more posts. I have a right to voice my opinion and frustration. Work is work, no matter what it is, whether on a job or in a video game. The point is, those who leveled up fast, who joined others who leveled up fast, are being screwed over by certain GMs. It is a smack in the face.

I mean it's like saying you're in a race and everyone who decides to join the race later than you gets to start where you are at so that they can get to the finish line around the same time as you. That's a smack in the face.

Transcendence is being rewarded for not coming together as a guild. Failure is being rewarded here.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

"Can't wait until we are on rotation with 4 or more guilds. We'll see how you like that."

I'm not in IB or Trans. I have friends in both guilds, and there are people I dislike in both. I mention that just to indicate my neutrality.

Let's be realistic here--there is *no* solution which will make everyone happy in the scenario I quoted. If you leave it FFA, and if guild 1 really IS the best, well, then you end up with 1 happy guild and 3 guilds full of people who get bored and probably quit playing. Put it on a rotation, and everyone is left somewhat unhappy. Old EQ has problems, and lack of sufficient content at the high-end is one of its worst. This guild trouble makes that problem brutally clear.

That you worked harder than the competition means you got to farm content for weeks before they began to catch up. That's the payoff your work earned. Surely you can't realistically expect to have maintained full lockdown even after another guild (or more) got up and running? No, I know you're more reasonable than to even suggest that. So, what did you expect to happen, realistically?

Danth
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Can't wait until we are on rotation with 4 or more guilds. We'll see how you like that."

I'm not in IB or Trans. I have friends in both guilds, and there are people I dislike in both. I mention that just to indicate my neutrality.

Let's be realistic here--there is *no* solution which will make everyone happy in the scenario I quoted. If you leave it FFA, and if guild 1 really IS the best, well, then you end up with 1 happy guild and 3 guilds full of people who get bored and probably quit playing. Put it on a rotation, and everyone is left somewhat unhappy. Old EQ has problems, and lack of sufficient content at the high-end is one of its worst. This guild trouble makes that problem brutally clear.

That you worked harder than the competition means you got to farm content for weeks before they began to catch up. That's the payoff your work earned. Surely you can't realistically expect to have maintained full lockdown even after another guild (or more) got up and running? No, I know you're more reasonable than to even suggest that. So, what did you expect to happen, realistically?

Danth
Hi Danth. No, that is not my reasoning. It's may the best guild win. I think it's possible for Transcendence to get its act together and be on competing level. I think it's possible for any group of players to get together and challenge any top guild.

Putting guilds on rotation eliminates this. It allows groups of people to put minimal effort. Of course Transcendence, in its current form, is happy with this. Wouldn't you be if you were in that guild? You don't have to do anything except accomplish your goals for that day that you are assigned and the spawn/plane is just given to you regardless of whether or not you earned it.

Then comes a third guild that wants in on the action. Cut the pie some more and so forth. I hope you'd see where I am getting at.

Transcendence is using this as a way to break IB up too. If they were in our position they'd feel the same way.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Danth, I don't know if you were around at the time, but right as we became raid ready (well before anyone else), the server was experiencing ddos, server xfer, and many of the mobs and areas were buggy or broken.

When that settles down, all the sudden big zerg wants a piece as if they were equals. Look, I detail all of this in other posts. You should check it out before you stick yer nose in poop.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Skeleton

Seriously, all this QQing about "zerging". . .

We have an active player count of 200-300 at any given time. The encounters were tailored to 72 person raids. So, with our game experience this can be done with much less.

What constitutes "Zerging?"

Having more members show up?

Having more members?

Why do you care how many people shows up for a guild event?

Are you jealous?

Do you have different preferences in guild recruitment?

Do you need to recruit more?

Again, why do you care?

I guess I just don't understand how having a lot of guildies online and ready to help on a low population server is a bad thing, or dishonorable, or whatever you people think it is.