Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default Should Kerafyrm be awoken in Velious?

Hypothetically, everyone knows that Velious is the final expansion and content that is guaranteed on this server. This means that Kerafyrm is truly the final end game mob that is guaranteed.

This raises the question of whether or not he should be raised?

The best weapons in the game from the wardens will no longer drop if Kerafyrm is raised. However, it might be exciting to see Kerafyrm raised and the encounter accomplished by one of the capable guilds on the server.

Should the sleeper be left asleep, or should he eventually be woken up?

Discuss.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

The only reason Kerafym was defeated on Live was a bug preventing mobs from regening hp.

Sleeper needs to stay asleep.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's obviously going to. And the whole argument about primal weapons is null, they get replaced by nearly identical weapons. The biggest difference is between the items that drop pre-awakening and post-awakening. Some are similar but a lot are different, and will never drop in the game again.

Vice versa, the ones post-awakening will never drop until awakening. It's going to be awakened here by the poop-sockers, no doubt about that.

And unless they severely nerf Kerafyrm, there's no way in HELL it will ever be defeated on this server. You must be trolling to suggest an idea like that, or really new here, or you never read the forums.
Oh, I by no means believe Kerafyrm can be defeated. I meant complete the encounter as in he is woken up, and then he runs around some Velious zones killing everyone. I know that he will not be killed on this server.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Aviak

It would be nice if they could leave him up for a year or so, but I doubt it will happen. Whoever the top guild is will come in and wake him once they're done farming the gear, so no one else can get the pre-awakening stuff.
folk singers sing songs for the working, baby

we're just recreation for all those doctors and lawyers
there's no relief for the bleeding heart
'cause they'll be losing bodies tonight
Old 10-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's obviously going to. And the whole argument about primal weapons is null, they get replaced by nearly identical weapons. The biggest difference is between the items that drop pre-awakening and post-awakening. Some are similar but a lot are different, and will never drop in the game again.

Vice versa, the ones post-awakening will never drop until awakening. It's going to be awakened here by the poop-sockers, no doubt about that.
Sorry but wasn't sleepers 2.0 not itemized until sometime in Luclin?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

When Kerafyrm is awoken the Warder's are gone (Nothing else happens).

Sleeper's Tomb was revamped on Live during Planes of Power (There will never be any Post-item loot here).

There are only 3 things you can get Primal off of in ST after Kerafyrm is awoken:

Master of the Guard
The Progenitor
The Final Arbiter

Thats it.

Quote:
If you have significant evidence to show that there's weren't drops from the post-warders until Luclin, by all means I'm sure Nilbog would love to put that in the game. However, I'm willing to bet that most servers hadn't awakened the Sleeper until sometime into Luclin or just before it, which makes the entire argument about when it was reitemized pretty moot.
Really?
Last edited by Treats; 10-28-2012 at 04:42 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

rogaen has pretty much said that if the server is still going strong during velious they will start adding custom velious era type content that will stay within the idea of keeping a classic balance to game
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

If all 4 warders die, and Nillbog rules that "its classic - no more loot" - the server is going to EXPLODE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Actually I have offered idea a while back what to do in this case:

-Kerafyrm will travel across the world zone by zone and kill anything it finds. Any NPC killed by Kerafyrm will never spawn again. Any player killed by Kerafyrm will suffer perma-death, and his char will be deleted from database [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When there is no one left - the server will shutdown, and we can all start from the beginning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This would be 100% CLASSIC, since thats exactly what was suppose to happen to Norath should Kerafyrm be awaken (and technically in official lore, Kerafyrm was not awakened until events of Secrets of Faydark, where you fight awakened Kerafyrm)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

I guess i'm the only one who thinks that the sleeper just shouldn't awake at all when all 4 warders die, right?

edit: or immediately after just have the zone move into ancient prismatics, etc. Though even then things like sods and gnome masks quit dropping, so...
Old 10-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all 4 warders die, and Nillbog rules that "its classic - no more loot" - the server is going to EXPLODE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Actually I have offered idea a while back what to do in this case:

-Kerafyrm will travel across the world zone by zone and kill anything it finds. Any NPC killed by Kerafyrm will never spawn again. Any player killed by Kerafyrm will suffer perma-death, and his char will be deleted from database [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When there is no one left - the server will shutdown, and we can all start from the beginning [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This would be 100% CLASSIC, since thats exactly what was suppose to happen to Norath should Kerafyrm be awaken (and technically in official lore, Kerafyrm was not awakened until events of Secrets of Faydark, where you fight awakened Kerafyrm)
I actually love this idea!
Closed Thread