Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:48 AM
Kobold

Question How do we get players to return to Project1999?

This server means alot to me for these reasons.... im a classic gamer only, and this
is a classic online game that i absolutely loved. I couldn't ever get into another online
rpg for the life of me, ever. I've enjoyed only a handful of online games in my day.
Half-life engine (DOD,CS), Infantry (now gone) PS2 had a few online games
but i never had a keyboard and i played Call of Duty 2 online. and classic EQ.
I never have owned a ps3 or xbox 360. currently i just own a SNES, Genesis, PS1
and a Gamegear and Gameboy and those are what i play exclusively. So in my opinion
that makes me alot different from everyone else here.

With the decline of the population as of late, it seems to have an effect on everyone.
Market prices have plummeted, and for me personally i can't ever find a group now.
So im one of the people who never logs in anymore. My reasons aren't because
of many of the others though, such as Diablo 3... its because the guild im in
is currently not active as far as i can tell, no friends are on, no one to group with
duo/trio because im not a solo class.

Advertisements or word of mouth is the only things i can think of... hopefully we can get some ideas on here.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

This has been asked and answered 100 times.......
The Answer is Velious
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

The answer is : share pixels
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Aviak

answer is derp.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

^ lol

Don't worry, they'll come back, or we'll get new ones. The best thing to do is spread the word.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Banned

The answer is to bring it back to its Classic roots, not this trend toward an increasingly custom server. Remove raid mob variance so more guilds can compete. This current system seems specially tailored for one major guild to exploit. This is the largest fixable reason why the server is losing established players.

Additionally, customer support could use a boost. Faster IP exemptions, faster implementation of problem-solving patches. This is a huge part of gaining and retaining lower-level players. Efficiency comes from the top down, and even clueless P99 noobies sense the lack of direction from Rogean.

In the end, really we have only one chance left. The promised land of Velious must be implemented properly (not quickly), and with the above changes. If it is not, the population will quickly dwindle and perish.

Few like to play on a neglected project where the lead developer is gone and nobody else can take the helm. The stated mission of the server has been diluted and somewhat perverted, and it takes a lead developer paying close attention to realize it and effect positive change.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

I have a toon in the guild Full Circle. I am not pushing them but they are very active and have groups going on a lot. Not really high end ones mind you.

But I think if you are mid level or lower they may make your day on here.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Yes spread the word. Im sorry to hear that you are having a hard time finding someone to group with. The solution could be, to join a guild that was active. You are welcome to speak to one of the officers in my guild. Sherrypie or do a "/who all europa"

Im a classic fanatic too. I aswell dont enjoy playing anything else then good ol' EQ.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

1. Velious Release (new influx of items, players, content will 100% revive server)

2. Patches (it's been 2 months now guys *sadface*)

3. Random CLASSIC repops

4. GM events (can't even remember the last one, probably a year ago now).

5. Faster IP exemptions, petition response time, item reimbursements.

6. XP bonuses

All of these things encourage a happy player base. Many players have literally nothing else left to do on this server at this point. EverQuest doesn't really live up to its name if you've got very little left to accomplish. Even for players who have no desire to raid, it sucks not being able to find groups in HS/Seb or whatever. When I leveled at Kunark release there were groups everywhere, loots were new and sold for sky high, and it was awesome to experience all the old Kunark content again. I def want new players to P99 to have the same awesome experience 50+ that I had back in 2011, but they need ppl to play with.
Last edited by Fountree; 06-14-2012 at 10:52 AM..
Old 06-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Patches (it's been 2 months now guys *sadface*)

Let Nilbog take posession of the patch process. It would free Rogean up to do the other things he'd like to do and take that worry from him.
Closed Thread