Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Kobold

Default Crashing when Alt Tabbing

About 50% of the time I alt tab, EQ client crashes when I come back. My computer doesn't freeze or anything, i just get an error window that EQ has crashed. I can't even do anything with the error window, i have to go to the task manager and close the EQ windows (EQ and error window) from there.

I am running an AMD 64 dual core with only one core running, on windows Vista. Typically i do not have anything running in the back ground except for 1-3 tabs open on Google Chrome.

Any ideas what could be causing this? It's really aggravating when I alt tab over to look at a map or a quest and crash half the time when i go back to the EQ window. If i don't alt tab, EQ never crashes.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Old 10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Dont think you'll be able to fix that. EQ doesnt have the greatest and most stable engine.

You can try the following though:

1) Update your video drivers to the latest ones
2) Run EQ in a Window that is the size of your monitor's resolution. For example if your desktop is set to 1920x1080, then run the game in a window at at 1900x1020.

If you need more help with #2, check my signature, one of the auto installer's options is to change between full/windowed and resolutions.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Did you happen to try: http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/ind...&id=3&Itemid=4

WinEQ2 helps with various issues...but since I never alt-tab out (always play windowed) I dunno if that's under the fixes. Never hurts to try (remember to put in the "patchme" on the link it makes)!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont think you'll be able to fix that. EQ doesnt have the greatest and most stable engine.

You can try the following though:

1) Update your video drivers to the latest ones
2) Run EQ in a Window that is the size of your monitor's resolution. For example if your desktop is set to 1920x1080, then run the game in a window at at 1900x1020.

If you need more help with #2, check my signature, one of the auto installer's options is to change between full/windowed and resolutions.
Ok, I believe I set the resolution that way, but I will double check that. I use the auto installers, so I guess I can change the option there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you happen to try: http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/ind...&id=3&Itemid=4

WinEQ2 helps with various issues...but since I never alt-tab out (always play windowed) I dunno if that's under the fixes. Never hurts to try (remember to put in the "patchme" on the link it makes)!
That is a good point. I have no problems running wineq. I used to run it back on live. I think I tried running in before Kunark and had some issues with it, but I can't recall what they were exactly... I was probably trying to install it while intoxicated or something. I will try again... sober.

Thanks guys! I will try both of those.

Chris