Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabulous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live EQ is doing another progression server soon if that interests you. A poll about the ruleset is up in-game now and closes around the end of March. One of the options is vote to advance with a hard lock at a certain expansion, so it could be good.
Link please
Old 03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabulous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live EQ is doing another progression server soon if that interests you. A poll about the ruleset is up in-game now and closes around the end of March. One of the options is vote to advance with a hard lock at a certain expansion, so it could be good.
>https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...on-servers.21/
>Half the threads are "what's best <2-6> box comp?"
>mfw

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

its very unlikely. if for no other reason that the very slight admission that this option is even being considered by the devs/rogean/nilbog it would totally undermine the stability of the server.

then again, p99 existing at all was very unlikely considering. so who knows? its a static server (or will be once velious and patches are added), it can't go on "forever".
Old 03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link please
its been pretty much confirmed. there has been no official announcements, but the word is out and they have an official poll going to see what ruleset ppl would want.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Kobold

I would wager that most of the people posting here are not "sub-level 50" and several of us have multiple 60s. That being said, I believe it is less of an issue of "have and have not" than it is an issue of the server timeline being way off-track and the economics and mechanics being really flooded and wonky.

Of course some of us that missed the "Golden Age" of the server in Classic format want to play a Classic environment - that's why we play here, isn't it?

People know the game so inside and out anyhow that it would be flooded with people leveling fast and camping up nice shit anyhow almost immediately, but we would have a wonderful window of challenge and a blank slate to build on.

People will turn this into a power-gaming event regardless, which is awesome and I am all for it, but I do love the thought of a reset in terms of sheer enjoyment for players and a social environment that is less "buy epic, install fungi tunic, solo to 50 in 5 days" feeling.

I sort of loved the struggle of piecing together a group of janky ass mis-matched tanks and healers and inventories that aren't Kunark twinked. It feels a little Warcrafty with all the advantages that players have currently.

This of course is just my opinion.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Sarnak

I love P99, but would support a wipe more than playing here.. I'm not 60, and by no means ultra uber..but have a couple low 50's, and a few 30-40's.. Gear(probably 50k worth), a fungi, and about 30k pp.. A wipe from start would be more beneficial than detrimental.
Those hoarding and selling everything will either start back up ( good for them) or just rave quit (good for the server) .
It's ever crack for a reason, anyone playing this long is t quitting from a wipe, and if they did.. Oh well.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

They are never wiping the server, ever. Another blue server releasing in the distant future is a possibility but unlikely. All else is trolling or pointless discussion.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Fire Giant

#wipeitclean2015
Old 03-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

#wipeyourowncrack
Old 03-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

just make another blue server. start at classic again and in 6 months release kunark and then by that time hopefully velious will be worked out. Id even donate my bandwidth and some hardware to the cause. Id do it my self but made a server once just for like me and my brother and it was a pain because im not versed in it
Closed Thread