Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P2002 FFA = Project Poopsock
Negative - content will be released faster than people can level and kill it / monopolize it.

Unlike other projects....
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Nice, good luck to y'all.

sounds like if you want FFA/unlimited accounts go there, if you want Rotation/3 accounts go to http://www.takproject.net/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I think the main guild is wanting Phinny on a rotation as well (dont think they realize its a 12 hour spawn)
fabricated

Oiwon
Last edited by nagmarr; 03-02-2015 at 11:16 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative - content will be released faster than people can level and kill it / monopolize it.
Extraordinary claims...
Old 03-03-2015, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unlike other projects....
So PoP released a month after launch?

I don't think many people realize what a massive undertaking it is to develop code and a database that even remotely resembles classic EQ. Look how long P1999 has been around just to get to this point in the timeline.

The server/database needs a lot of time in development for a somewhat classic server -- Anything else has massive faults in the code/database discrepancies that goes in the trash when the players figure out it's garbage and stop logging into the server.

Just look at EpicEmu
Old 03-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Orc

Exactly, content takes a long time to release and yet TAKP devs have already decided to force guilds into a rotation. Aren't on the rotation? You get one spawn cycle a month to get on it. (This goes for every guild trying to get on) If you can't get on the rotation you can't raid. Period. Jump a guilds mob and you get banned.

Seriously.

This has nothing to do with the fact the the GM's are active players in the wanna be raiding guild.

I wasn't banned there, but how can I justify putting time into an EQ character when bans are handed down so easily and without justification or proof. The GMs say you threatened them in a PM, it's bannable to record conversations with a GM anywhere, and the GM refuses to post proof he was threatened. Boom, you're done.

Secondly, say what you will about boxing. Most players on TAKP didn't box. The ones that did only used their boxes to supplement their groups weaknesses. I boxed an Enchanter but ALWAYS invited an LFG Enchanter if there was one. This is by and large the majority of the situations. If it were up to me there would be a 2 box limit but boxing will die out if a population is stable. I honestly hate running my second character but it is a great benefit to the gameplay experience... And I made her a chick and can cyber myself.

(P.S. TAKP devs have also banned players for talking negatively about the server and GMs on forums not related to TAKP. (Rerolled) So if posting this results in a ban there note that I was not banned at the time of writing this.)
Last edited by scythic; 03-03-2015 at 02:41 AM.. Reason: P.S. at bottom.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly, content takes a long time to release and yet TAKP devs have already decided to force guilds into a rotation. Aren't on the rotation? You get one spawn cycle a month to get on it. (This goes for every guild trying to get on) If you can't get on the rotation you can't raid. Period. Jump a guilds mob and you get banned.

The community voted for a rotation. Nag has been up for 48 hours, he's just sitting there - feel free to kill him. The rotation is as fair as it can be with 2 raid mobs.
Looks like only 1 guild is capable of killing them atm. I've heard rumors that more content is due out in the very near future. imo it's all apples and oranges. Find the server that suits the type of gaming environment you enjoy, and go play there.
Last edited by nagmarr; 03-03-2015 at 02:43 AM..
Old 03-03-2015, 02:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagmarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The community voted for a rotation. Nag has been up for 48 hours, he's just sitting there - feel free to kill him. The rotation is as fair as it can be with 2 raid mobs. Looks like only 1 guild is capable of killing them atm.
False.

The GM's offered Instanced content, this was the leading option during the vote. That option was then decided to be impossible and people were told to revote, almost all of those votes didn't revote but were counted towards a rotation.

Even if you take those numbers out of the question, you had 4 options in the vote describing a Rotation of some sort and 1 option describing FFA, still FFA was over 40% of the votes. But rotations were deemed the winner.

At the very least rotations simply won a plurality vote in a very skewed and biased vote.

Imagine I'm making a poll for a presidential race.
a) Bob Dole
b) George W. Bush
c) Ronald Reagen
d) Bill Clinton

a) gets 17% (rotation player ran)
b) gets 11% (rotation unattackable mob)
c) gets 28% (rotation GM intervention)
d) gets 44% (FFA)

Your headline would read "56% of vote case for Republican." Mine would read, "More people voted for d) than anyone else."

(Oh, and by the way, they deleted the post that had the vote numbers in it after they declared Rotations the winner.)
Last edited by scythic; 03-03-2015 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: Example
Old 03-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

That all sounds great, and i'll happily take your word for it. With my eyes, last i saw the post/vote rotations were winning the vote by large margin. And then you had sub categories and FFA still had less then the 1st option, which was for some kind of rotation. Instanced content sounds good but it wasn't a legit option.
Anyways it is what it is, out of both of our hands. I don't really mind the rotations and i don't really mind FFA. I do however mind Poopsocking on the daily.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagmarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That all sounds great, and i'll happily take your word for it. With my eyes, last i saw the post/vote rotations were winning the vote by large margin. And then you had sub categories and FFA still had less then the 1st option, which was for some kind of rotation. Instanced content sounds good but it wasn't a legit option.
Anyways it is what it is, out of both of our hands. I don't really mind the rotations and i don't really mind FFA. I do however mind Poopsocking on the daily.
You saw it right. I watched the polls the entire time and I don't recall instancing ever being the leading vote; far from it. And even if it was at any point, it wasn't for very long. Community-enforced and server-enforced rotations were by far the most popular at the end of it, with FFA not even having a chance. "FFA was over 40%" my ass.

Also, I really love the "when bans are handed down so easily and without justification..." rhetoric. It's really simple. Don't be an inconsiderate asshat who willfully and continuously breaks rules and you won't get banned.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacres [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I really love the "when bans are handed down so easily and without justification..." rhetoric. It's really simple. Don't be an inconsiderate asshat who willfully and continuously breaks rules and you won't get banned.
you guys are missing the point. no one is saying they were banned for being an inconsiderate asshat. they are saying that bans can and sometimes will be handed out for simply having a differing opinion. Since when is posting an opposing line of thinking or expressing things that need improving the same as being some antagonistic douchebag?

Your brush paints in very broad strokes sir.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Closed Thread