Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for what you have done, sacrificed, or are doing for this country.
Thanks for getting discharged, You did us all a great service. I salute you.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Oh man incoming stupid ass flames involving the military and government conspiracies. Like anyone in the Military can control where they get deployed.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

anyone not in the military can control where they get deployed

by not enlisting.

if you enlisted prior to vietnam I'll give you a pass on your iraqi civilian massacre.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Garcia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

by not enlisting.

if you enlisted prior to vietnam I'll give you a pass on your iraqi civilian massacre.
I love how people who haven't served know exactly what happens during war, for all you know these places don't even really exist since you've never been there.

Getting your information from biased new services (which goal is to make money by providing you with biased news stories that they think agree with your idea of what is happening) doesn't make you qualified to have an opinion.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Garcia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

by not enlisting.
Very, very few people actually enlist to go kill people. College isn't free bro. Also that shit looks good on a resume whenever you get out.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Banned

military benefits are fucking amazing, it's the 4 years they have your ass that arent.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

so you sold your soul to a machine whose stated purpose is to murder people in exchange for financial benefits. ok, where's the part where you got the moral high ground?
Old 11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
so you sold your soul to a machine whose stated purpose is to murder people in exchange for financial benefits. ok, where's the part where you got the moral high ground?
Who did we murder? Where you there?

No? Then where you do get an opinion from?

Oh right, self-serving BUSINESSES feeding you what you want to hear for money.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very, very few people actually enlist to go kill people. College isn't free bro. Also that shit looks good on a resume whenever you get out.
ya, cause killing innocent civilians is a great resume enhancer in today's job market

reality: a small number of MOSes are broadly applicable to many civilian jobs, and those guys have no trouble when they seperate, but most MOSes have nothing comparable in the civilian world, and you essentially leave the military as unskilled workers. the unemployment rate for veterans has consistently been in the double digits and consistently has outpaced civilian unemployment rates, last year it rose to as high as 21.1 % unemployment among vets, its now around 11-13%
Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Banned

Why do people feel it's necessary to shit up this thread, it's Veteran's Day and someone wants to thank veteran's for service.

I don't feel like arguing with an army of neckbeards to defend the military, so I'm just going to say thanks for the consideration Harrison.

Also the military has lots of opportunities to provide if you are responsible and can take advantage of them, specifically people from low income backgrounds (such as myself) will find resources to become educated at low to no cost as well as a future career in high-paying government jobs if that is what you desire.
Closed Thread