Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

The following post is so ridiculous, SOE has the worst PR group ever, let alone designers and developers.

"at 50 harm touch does around 2500 damage, so 5-6 ak's can do half a bosses hitpoints...

Also a tactic that was and will probly be used again shadowknights go in, all harm touch the boss, and die, warrior picks up the now 50% boss, shadowknights get rezzed, (since HT refreshes on death) and HT it again, boss dies."

wut ??!?!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry for the double post, just a quick update.

"Straight from their facebook!!!! Should be up tomorrow or later today!

"Due to the overwhelming demand for the new Time Locked Progression Server Fippy Darkpaw, we are happy to announce the launch of a second Time Locked Progression Server! We are hard at work readying the new server for launch and expect it to be available by February 16, 2011 if not sooner."

In case anyone is interested.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having the chance to farm AAs, from the start, and not having to hop right into the game knowing you need 2k+ , 4-5k even, or more, is a huge positive for me.

I love Luclin raid content at the same time. VT isn't that bad. lol
What?!

VT was a nightmare. Staring at a wall in a CH chain for 30+ minutes = mind numbing.

It probably won't be as bad this time around, but it was absolutely horrid the first time through.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

I don't mind that. Was neat fights, albeit a bit long. But was still some fun times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The loot was great!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 AM
Fire Giant

So, here was my experience of the server. I played for about 2-3 hours tonight.

Logged on, 200+ people in free port newb area.
Odly enough there were no harsh words, not much KS'in, not much trash talking in chat. Chat was relatively quite for how many were on. people just asking questions and people helping.

They must have turned up the spawn rates because it wasnt hard finding rats, snakes, and skells to kill. There was very very little KS'in going on. I was expecting everyone to be trying to swarm my shit. Only times someone attacked the mob i was on was when it was by mistake or when I gt a little aggressive about a mob. Shame on me.
When someone did attack a mob I was on it was an honest mistake and they tend to back off.

I did some who's. It pretty apparent the top level'ers are boxers or groups or friends. I'd put my money on boxers. Highest level when i logged off was 16 on flippy and 12 on the other server.

The game feels easy.. I was tanking 3 blues and a white at a time at level 3 and coming out of the fight with 70% hp. The regen rate is bumped as I have zero downtime. I mean even as a nubber I expect down time.

I did see quit a few people displeased with all of these easy features. No CR's, easy kills, maps, the find button... I also made sure I sent them people a tell and informed them about project1999 for a more accurate classic feel.

I was surprised at how much fun I had tho. I was shocked at the community and how mature it was. I want to play more. =)
Old 02-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Banned

I don't think it's nearly as much of an easy feel as the previous poster painted it. For one, he neglects to mention how the experience goes by at a snail's pace. I made a Human Bard and soloed in the West Freeport area and it took around 50+ minutes of soloing just to get to level 2. And that was the standard time to get to level 2 for pretty much everyone that was there, if not more. It was also extremely crowded, I remember that there was over 50 of just Human Monks alone in the West Freeport.

OTOH, I made an Erudite on the other server and made my way to Toxx. It had the perfect amount of people in it. I walked outside and was instantly invited to a group of 2 Mages, 2 Enchanters and a Wizard. We had fun for the next 3 or so hours killing gnoll sentries, eventually moving our way across bridge to killing briars and poachers 'till we were all level 4.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Kobold

The truth is,

I played on Flippy. Most fun I ever had in a long time. So many new players and the adventures were fun. I got left behind in levels. I am only level 7 right now. Which took all day. I will be restarting on the 2nd server. I will also be taking 2 weeks off from work. Expect me on the forums either not at all or a lot during meditating sequences.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it's nearly as much of an easy feel as the previous poster painted it. For one, he neglects to mention how the experience goes by at a snail's pace. I made a Human Bard and soloed in the West Freeport area and it took around 50+ minutes of soloing just to get to level 2. And that was the standard time to get to level 2 for pretty much everyone that was there, if not more. It was also extremely crowded, I remember that there was over 50 of just Human Monks alone in the West Freeport.

OTOH, I made an Erudite on the other server and made my way to Toxx. It had the perfect amount of people in it. I walked outside and was instantly invited to a group of 2 Mages, 2 Enchanters and a Wizard. We had fun for the next 3 or so hours killing gnoll sentries, eventually moving our way across bridge to killing briars and poachers 'till we were all level 4.
I might be wrong here, but I think they spread out the xp over all the levels so that you'll gather levels over an more even pace?
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The truth is,

Expect me on the forums not at all.
Sounds good, enjoy the rest of your life, all 3 years and 7 months of it.

CALL ME NOW, I BE TELLIN YA UR DEATH DAY N SHIT.

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Started a Gnome necro, and Steamfont was pretty camped. Started on Vulak, and saw quite a few mage boxes of 2-6 mages all following one guy. Their pets running around raping.

Joined up with some other people and killed in butcherblock. Being evil, didn't think I could use soulbinders in Gfay or BB, so the couple CRs I had really ate into exp time as I had to run back from Steamfont. Super fail. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best place to kill I've found is just outside Kaladim. Holy hotspot of mobs. Unlimited nonstop killing of mobs for my group of 6, and many others. Once we found that spot, the rest of the group flew up to nearly level 5 before I logged off. Druid got to near level 5, necro is nearly level 4. Not bad.

I'm off all day tomorrow, so incoming poopsock starting tonight.