Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

OK, I logged on killed about 20 white MOBS and was a whole yellow bar in, I never came close to reaching level 2! Screw that, lol. Plus the new Freeport really pisses me off.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

I'm going to log in tonight and play my necro and it's going to be awesome. I'm hoping that sirens in OOT aren't camped too bad, and I can solo myself to greatness!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fippy is the only reason I'm here... and I ain't touching that non-classic server with a 10 foot pole! I was stunned at how NON-classic it was. You can just aggro mobs and run from them... and they won't hit you. Spawn with items after death... what a joke!!
welcome to the real deal bro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fippy is the only reason I'm here... and I ain't touching that non-classic server with a 10 foot pole! I was stunned at how NON-classic it was. You can just aggro mobs and run from them... and they won't hit you. Spawn with items after death... what a joke!!
ahaha i love reading posts like this, welcome to the real fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Kobold

That server just makes me appreciate the hard work that's gone into this server.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Aviak

So, first 2 SKs to 50 can off all the bosses in classic, assuming their HTs don't get resisted. Awesome.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't find enough places uncamped to gain some exp as is, I'm ok with them being on another server until after Kunark at least.
Couldn't agree more.

/thread
Old 02-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

I'd really like to like it, but as has been said, it's in no way a classic experience. The new UI is awful IMO as well, though I know you can mod it. But you can't get the old Velious UI feel, or even very close to it. It requires setting everything up all over again, for an experience that is profoundly different to the one you are trying to recapture.

It's good they have done it, but p1999 is by far the better "return" experience. I'd be more likely to return to my 85 Bard on live than restart on the progression server with all the fundamental changes to the game that they can't wind back.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Old 02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the fucking point of "progression" when you're vastly more overpowered for the current content of where you are supposed to be in progression?

*facepalm*
^^ this

And who said it wouldn't get good before PoP? EQ was only good up till after PoP... the fact that there's going to be horrible balance issues for the best content is a massive failure, but EQ players are some of the most hardcore around and they'll not care.

I enchant things...
Closed Thread