Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Sarnak

bump...

glad this thread is still getting attention, classic shaman DoT mechanics needed!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

^yes

but it will never happen sadly
Old 02-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

after re reading this thread i still wonder how the fuck devs dropped the ball on this one and still refuse to pick it back up lol. although it's not surprising given the current affairs that desperately need attention receiving absolutely none.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

starwarstime
Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Banned

Shamans still OP as fuck in pvp

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
after re reading this thread i still wonder how the fuck devs dropped the ball on this one and still refuse to pick it back up lol. although it's not surprising given the current affairs that desperately need attention receiving absolutely none.
Could be a complex issue man. Rewriting things that you didn't personally develop can be a major pain in the ass. Dunno.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans still OP as fuck in pvp

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is not about PvP my friend... it is about PvE!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

My fellow Norrathians... as President of People for Classical Treatment of Shamans.. I demand that congress act now and pass this bill. For the sake of all that is Norrathian please stop ignoring, uhhh, the will of the Norrathian people. Every class needs to get their fair share of, uhhh, classic actuality. Listen. That's what I am here to do. Some people, particularly those on the other side of the aisle (Anticlassicans) have said I am playing a game of "class warfare." Whatever class you play, we are all Norrathians. Look, uhhh, We are all in this together. End the political games and let's return to the principles of classicism that made Norrath great. Thank you, and uhhh, Norrath be blessed.

*speech end*

They just need to admit, classic shamans are just "too good" and this isn't a real classic server. Eat that crow devs, and like it!
Last edited by Castle; 02-11-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Old 02-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

If anyone finds an archive of the original VNBoards or the 'official' class boards from 1999-2000, I suspect this issue would resolve itself quickly. Web.archive.org appears to have missed both of those boards by a couple of years, unfortunately.

I, for one, wrote numerous guides on those boards for shaman soloing from 34 through 50 in pre-Kunark classic EQ, targeting mobs with high cash return and exp gain. Some targets that come to mind are Rathe Hill Giants, Seafuries, Spectres/Cyndreela in Feerrott and guild guards in Neriak C. These were all high risk-versus-reward fights in that you'd empty your entire mana pool as quickly as possible, doing as much damage as possible, in order to win. DoT stacking was a crucial part of that strategy.

I feel safe in saying that few of the targets listed would have been possible without the ability to stack at least two poison DoTs. I very specifically remember the guide I wrote for 39-44 (DoT kiting Hill Giants in Rathe) involved stacking DoTs as the shaman class obtained Venom of the Snake at 39 and could finally do quite a bit of damage-per-tick pulling with it, running to maximum cast range and stacking the shorter-casting Envenomed Breath.

Sadly, I have no idea where my hundreds of posts have gone. I know VNBoards "lost" thousands of posts when they rebuilt the forums in 2000/2001, and Sony's archives of the class forums only goes back to 2004 - long after the discovery of the game had worn off and I'd stopped writing guides. Searching by my character name Spitulski (which was my only posting handle) on web.archive comes up fruitless as well.

Yes, I know - this post has no merit in terms of hard data, but I was rather displeased when I hit 34 and discovered the strategies I'd developed 12 years ago couldn't be implemented. Having said that, I chalked it up to being one of p99's quirks and adapted accordingly. I do hope that the stacking ability is implemented if and when Velious is released, because nearly every fun solo-at-60 mob (Western Waste dragons come to mind) are going to be impossible without classic stacking abilities.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Developer

Fixed, pending update.
Closed Thread