Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because this is intended?
To this extreme?

I didnt realize you did the coding here.
thanks for confirmation
Old 02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did a very easy test any pet class can do. why the heck would i fabricate this information. here is an idea run the same test yourself and then you can see how it work for single person no one around.

Now as to mob running all over because they have someone who was sitting near them on the pull or by their path that i cannot test yet but i will.

Doing ledge group in OT right now. Warrior/Monk/Charmed pet beat mobs down to <50% (Just had one at 35% do this) and cleric/wizard/me(the ench) sitting down is enough to draw aggro.

Edit: Like somebody else said I'm sure this is just compounding the fact that aggro is all wonky on this server to begin with.
Last edited by Crawdad; 02-23-2014 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this extreme?

I didnt realize you did the coding here.
thanks for confirmation
you read nilbog's replies yet? Don't sit on pulls.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for confirmation

totally classic
Old 02-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did a very easy test any pet class can do. why the heck would i fabricate this information. here is an idea run the same test yourself and then you can see how it work for single person no one around.

Now as to mob running all over because they have someone who was sitting near them on the pull or by their path that i cannot test yet but i will.
My point was that you chose a specific and acute scenario to explain or justify the symptoms we are experiencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you read nilbog's replies yet? Don't sit on pulls.

Don't think they know what actually has happened here. pulling a mob on top of a sitting person, with a near empty threat list, will get them attacked = classic. Killing a mob to near death and randomly sitting and getting aggro is NOT classic.
Last edited by Hollywood; 02-23-2014 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Second expirement.

1 chanter and my animation <pet>

1 melee class

engage with weaken pul mob pet engages melee hit mob i pull back and sit mob comes towards me . melee sits i stand and mob goes toward melee. this is repeated till animation <pet> does 25 percent of mob health mob stays on pet.

I can see how if a mob hates anyone ie undead come to mind then they could ping pong all over dependent on who is on its hate list when its pulled.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 02-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point was that you chose a specific and acute scenario to explain or justify the symptoms we are experiencing.

Don't think they know what actually has happened here. pulling a mob on top of a sitting person, with a near empty threat list, will get them attacked = classic. Killing a mob to near death and randomly sitting and getting aggro is NOT classic.
This^
Old 02-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

My anecdotal memory remembers having to stand on pulls and apologizing when I accidentally was caught sitting.

Pulls were also generally slower, so there was time to med in between pulls. It's been too long for me to be sure, but something reasonable like 25% of the HP done to a mob by a single player should be enough to keep a healthy balance of fun and classicness.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

I understand the keep your distance, dont sit on incoming, but shits just wrong here.

whether not its working as intended or not is stupid.

I remember sitting and gettin hit on raids..
dont remember tank doing 60% of damage before I could sit or nuke.

its whatevs.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Kobold

This is a joke, i dont see myself playing like this...Ill be back when it's fixed
Closed Thread