Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

Default East Commonlands Tunnel

It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.
..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

This is a reason EQ is/was so special. Every server had something unique about it. On Torvonillous, the EC tunnel was exactly like it is here.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckrilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?
Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Developer

My original server never used the tunnel. We used north Freeport for bank and more vendor access. I liked it that music plays there and that overall you have more to do and see. Evil races I think had some issues but ran to the yard behind the jade.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.
"Tunnel ent" is just as much of landmark as Shady or T1 (first torch) or whatever. Tunnel entrance is more convenient than going all the way to Shady.

Never understood the GFay alternative on some servers, but if it weren't for MM, I'd propose sinking Faydwer... worthless pile of dung it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.
It doesn't point you, and follow only works if you're grouped.
Last edited by myriverse; 12-14-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Old 12-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Kobold

I motion to move auction area to North Freeport where it was on the most classic of servers! (Mithaniel Marr)
Old 12-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Gfay 4 life. Hardcore servers ran faymart.

Honestly gfay prob evolved due to the amount of elves dorfs and gnomes with good classes compared to humans and darkies.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Closed Thread