Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

remember to do 1 pt of dmg to every mob so you get the full exp.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buy all your spells ahead of time, get a high level toon to 'pull' for you..

Set up shop in Mistmoore during off-peak hours.. completely destroy pond + graveyard ( with friend pulling singles). While unrest is a popular spot, it can only get you to 40.. Mistmoore can probably get you to 50, with a puller, once you start heading into the castle area.
If you got a friend, do this.

If you don't got no friends. Go to unrest if you are sure of yourself and know what to do. If you aren't sure of yourself, make evil shaman and go to OT and do that method.

Only other place i can think of would be Permafrost Keep.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Thank you all for such great advice, I will take all of it into account and post the results when it's all said and done.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

I had a similar situation. I took it to Unrest and regret it very much.

I was trained three or four times and my pet died. What a waste.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you need to go on off hours, much like people do for other forms of powerleveling.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if i could go back in time id do it again
Old 10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

i wouldn't go for a shaman, shaman gets their own pet and your WDT will be useless in the 30's since you can only have one pet.

If I were you I'd go with a monk for this. If you aggro something in a pull you can feign it off and monk with a pet is very devastating duo. you'll fly through levels in OT or permafrost this way. Just get a couple of wu trance sticks or kd's and you'll be set.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remember to do 1 pt of dmg to every mob so you get the full exp.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Kobold

For those of you who helped me out on this, here was the final outcome:
Barbarian Shaman ( lvl 7 - 44 ) Total Grind Time: 15 hours (give or take)
First off I want to thank all of you for your helpful advice, it definitely came into use on more then one occasion. I went with OT as the zone of choice for the clicky pet, gave him the DW lifetap staves, and was just overall extremely careful with my choices on what to pull. Being a shaman made this infinitely easier then it would have been say if I were a melee class. With a lot of kiting, and slow pulling mobs, the skeleton pet was able to handle cockatrice/sabertooth/succulents/rhinos and sarnaks, all without losing about 1-5% hp a pull. There is a safe ledge on the left side of the ramp facing FM that you can run up on and park your skelly pet to leave him on overnight without fear of them getting agro. Make sure you do NOT park him on the RIGHT side facing FM entrance, as a friend of mine told me he ran by watching my skeleton fighting a wanderer around 4am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The pet begins to go yellow at around 39-40, and it turned out that my clicky pet ended up being level 41. By the end it certainly felt more like playing a necromancer then being PLd by a pet!
Overall it was a great experience, a little tense, but effective, and I would recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on the clicky pet. Thank you for all your help Glaurung, Sylene, Zort, and Aguy!
Last edited by duneadx; 10-20-2011 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: forgot to add
Old 10-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneadx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For those of you who helped me out on this, here was the final outcome:
Barbarian Shaman ( lvl 7 - 44 ) Total Grind Time: 15 hours (give or take)
First off I want to thank all of you for your helpful advice, it definitely came into use on more then one occasion. I went with OT as the zone of choice for the clicky pet, gave him the DW lifetap staves, and was just overall extremely careful with my choices on what to pull. Being a shaman made this infinitely easier then it would have been say if I were a melee class. With a lot of kiting, and slow pulling mobs, the skeleton pet was able to handle cockatrice/sabertooth/succulents/rhinos and sarnaks, all without losing about 1-5% hp a pull. There is a safe ledge on the left side of the ramp facing FM that you can run up on and park your skelly pet to leave him on overnight without fear of them getting agro. Make sure you do NOT park him on the RIGHT side facing FM entrance, as a friend of mine told me he ran by watching my skeleton fighting a wanderer around 4am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The pet begins to go yellow at around 39-40, and it turned out that my clicky pet ended up being level 41. By the end it certainly felt more like playing a necromancer then being PLd by a pet!
Overall it was a great experience, a little tense, but effective, and I would recommend it to anyone who can get their hands on the clicky pet. Thank you for all your help Glaurung, Sylene, Zort, and Aguy!
very cool. i am green with envy!
Closed Thread